PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Good & Evil < $20

stncttr908
01-11-04, 10:23 AM
That's right, this brand new game from Ubi Soft is $20 for all platforms besides the PS2, which is at $25. I highly suggest you pick it up.

Mandarb1
01-11-04, 11:13 AM
Where

stncttr908
01-11-04, 12:00 PM
www.ebgames.com
www.circuitcity.com
www.bestbuy.com

Everywhere.

Edge
01-11-04, 02:08 PM
Funny that the PS2 version is supposed to be the most expensive, because I just picked it up earlier this week from Circuit City for $10 :)

Haven't gotten around to playing it yet though, I'm thinking about trading it in for the Xbox version, after which I'll actually put some time into it. The REALLY sad thing is that the game is supposed to be so good, but it sold HORRIBLY. And I don't mean just bad, I mean TOTALLY HORRIBLE sales, like in the 30,000 units worldwide range. Not sure how reliable the sales report was, but it would certainly explain the $30 price drop less then a month after it's release. But I recently played UBIsoft's other badly selling, overlooked adventure/puzzle game Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and now I feel so sorry for UBI when they make such great games that end up being ignored. Hopefully they won't abandon making games like this due to sales.

eL_PuSHeR
01-12-04, 10:02 AM
That seems a very reasonable price. I do not like platformers, though.

de><ta
01-12-04, 10:36 AM
What's the game play like (I don't care too much about the graphics)? and is it interesting enough to justify the $20...

From the screenshots it looks more like "where in the world is carmen san diago" and "pokemon safari" blended together.

Edge
01-12-04, 01:32 PM
Well at first it did look pretty kiddy, but after I played it (albiet not that much) I certainly didn't mind the light-hearted graphics and characters that look like they're from a Nintendo game. It's an action-adventure game mainly, but there's a bunch of mini-games and stuff in it (the hovercraft is kinda cool). Definatly a good game, and I bet if it was exclusive to a game console people would be calling it a "Zelda-killer". At least the story is a little deeper then the standard "here's the bad guy, go kill him" model that most games follow.

Mandarb1
01-12-04, 10:05 PM
I got a raincheck for it today at Circuit City :)