PDA

View Full Version : nforce2 BIOS questions.

Nutty
01-11-04, 03:45 PM
Thermal throttling. How does that work. In the BIOS its either a percentage or disabled. Does setting it to 25% cut upto 25% off the cpu, or lower it to 25% of the original. Doesn't say much in my manual.

Also how can I be sure my ram is running at 1T, whatever that T means..? :confused:

I set my mobo cpu alarm to go off at 60 degrees, and I keep hitting it in CS. :) Wish my supplier would hurry up with their heatsink stock.

Dazz
01-11-04, 05:46 PM
I've never seen ANY of these on an nForce2 board, Thermal Throttling reduced by a percentage, and as far i have seen the nForce2 doesn't have a T command which i have only seen on VIA boards, aka KT266~KT600. Also as far as i am awahere CPU throttling is only supported by the Athlon XP MOBILE.

The Baron
01-11-04, 07:30 PM
Hmmm... I'll have to check in my BIOS, since it's helpfully the same as yours :)

saturnotaku
01-11-04, 07:51 PM
Check this (http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=7&var1=18) out. It describes just about every BIOS feature you can find. Just go to that URL and click on the link for free access to the guide. You should find what you're looking for there.

Nutty
01-12-04, 04:58 AM
I'm on BIOS revision 18. Abit released a new flashmenu thats supports the NF7-S2, so I can flash from windows, but from the changelogs of the newer BIOS's looks like I aint gaining much.

Yeah it definitly has Thermal Throttling listed.. Might give it a go, and see what happens, just to see like.