PDA

View Full Version : good god...(NV APU related)

SavagePaladin
01-11-04, 10:05 PM
If I were to write up an article on this whole thing, does anyone know where I could post it?

I can't name a single nforcershq mod who actually CARES about the nforce without the APU (cept maybe the linux guy...I dunno) and so far we're getting nowhere.

Bah. Too bad I don't drink alcohol....I'd be good and plastered. :p (I think I forgot my meds this morning, hehe)

Seawolf

Formerly voted Least Caring Individual....guess I found somethin to care about :p

The Baron
01-11-04, 10:13 PM
you can't post it at nforcers?

SavagePaladin
01-11-04, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
you can't post it at nforcers?
In the forum?

Yes

Does anyone pay attention to the forum?

Not as far as I can tell.

Does nforcer want to post it on the web page?

He said no when asked of like things previously.

I don't think he much likes the site anymore anyway. He put it up for sale a bit ago I think. Too much work for no reward. (Actually, when some people started flaming him, it got to negative reward.)

SavagePaladin
01-11-04, 10:23 PM
I don't know if it would really matter if I did post it. What the people at NV smoke I don't know, but it's obviously bad for us.

StealthHawk
01-12-04, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
I don't know if it would really matter if I did post it. What the people at NV smoke I don't know, but it's obviously bad for us.

Hah. Maybe they should start selling whatever they're smoking :smoking:

Nephilim
01-12-04, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by StealthHawk
Hah. Maybe they should start selling whatever they're smoking :smoking:

Actually, it would be the board manufacturer's who are smoking it. They're the ones that decided no APU for the boards they make.

Personally, I think nVidia should just say to hell with it and start making sound cards too. The thought of something like SoundStorm, only better, is a very nice thought indeed.

SavagePaladin
01-12-04, 10:11 AM
aww man I'm not sure I can do an article, maybe just an open letter dealie :p
but I'll work on it more later

digitalwanderer
01-12-04, 10:25 AM
Ain't AshG a mod over there?

jimbob0i0
01-12-04, 02:11 PM
yeah - he's a mod in teh asus forum dig.... dunno what wolfie's going on about here though - get in msn you ____ .... dunno if you heard the latest stuff yet ?

SavagePaladin
01-12-04, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by jimbob0i0
yeah - he's a mod in teh asus forum dig.... dunno what wolfie's going on about here though - get in msn you ____ .... dunno if you heard the latest stuff yet ?
____ you too ;)
no, i haven't. i may ask nforcer to post it cause he seems more amenable this time...mebbe

ellroy80
01-12-04, 08:40 PM
I'm not really surprised to see the APU dropped to tell the truth. Azalia, the next major sound spec (to replace AC97) is being released by Intel this year with their Grantsdale/Alderwood chipsets I assume. As it is the next major spec, I assume it can be adopted by anyone. It supports DVD-Audio, and Dolby 5.1, 6.1 and 7.1. Some of this stuff Soundstorm just cannot do.

More info here: http://www.intel.com/idf/us/fall2003/presentations/F03USDSIS92_OS.pdf

SavagePaladin
01-12-04, 09:36 PM
Of course Soundstorm could do it, if it were paired with the Azalia codec standard.

ellroy80
01-13-04, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
Of course Soundstorm could do it, if it were paired with the Azalia codec standard.

Maybe that's what they are waiting for then? The PDF I linked to says that nVidia is one of the companies working on the Azalia spec's.

SavagePaladin
01-13-04, 01:00 AM
The APU is 'on hold indefinately'. If that means they're waiting for something, I'd know, since I talk to someone high up on the audio team regularly.

ellroy80
01-13-04, 05:00 AM
Fair enough. Man, that sucks.