PDA

View Full Version : Filling TV screen

jphhughes
01-12-04, 10:04 AM
I have an HP 864n Media Center Pc with the Hauppauge 250 MCE tuner card and the Nvidia 5200 graphics card with TV out. I cannot figure our how to get the TV image to fill the TV screen. I have a 53" Hitachi rear projection TV with Svideo connection. Although the quality of the outputted images is excellent it does not fill the entire screen

stncttr908
01-12-04, 01:50 PM
This is so moved. :rolleyes:

What drivers are you using for the card? Have you messed with any of the settings in the nvidia control panel or tried any third party software?

jphhughes
01-13-04, 09:59 AM
Yes I did, I tried using the TV tool in the Nvidia graphics drive and all that does is move the TV image left or right and up and down but does not cause the image to fill the screen. Just as info I have abut two inch black border on the left and right sides. I also tried using Power strip but then found out it does not control TV our with svideo. Last night I experimented with TV tool and seems to provide a solution although I would much prefer not to add another piece of software to an already complex software environment. So any other specific you can provide would be appreciated..

wonderboy905
01-13-04, 11:36 AM
nvidia's tv out has always had horrible formatting. The image needs to be overscanned to fill the screen, you can do that through TV Tool (not freeware). Or you could just go ATI :)