PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 retail leaked in Russia

AthlonXP1800
01-12-04, 12:24 PM
Half Life 2 (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13573) retail 2 CDs leaked and translated the language into Russia to sell over here.

So what will happend now, Half Life 2 get delay for 2nd time again? :p

mrsabidji
01-12-04, 12:44 PM
The box on the right side looks cool too... I can't read russian, but I'm sure it's a great game (I mean, there's a gas-mask !!).

mrsabidji

de><ta
01-12-04, 01:20 PM
Awesome, I bet HL2 has allready gone Platinum with it's new Russian Distributor.:D

And I bet for a change the translation would be a lot better then what Valve could ever acheive hiring Language major students to do the translation.:D

Fatman
01-12-04, 03:18 PM
This is september leak repackaged, and rescripted to be played as a single player demo. Nothing new, really. Even leaked STALKER, DOOM 3 Alpha and many other non finished products are being repackaged and sold. You will not find these underground cds in normal retail stores.

AthlonXP1800
01-12-04, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Fatman
This is september leak repackaged, and rescripted to be played as a single player demo. Nothing new, really. Even leaked STALKER, DOOM 3 Alpha and many other non finished products are being repackaged and sold. You will not find these underground cds in normal retail stores.

No, the pic in other thread mentioned Demo and it was 1 CD. This retail 2 CDs I talked about is the full pirated retail game. You thought it was september leak is wrong, I have the demo, it is huge 3Gb and it do not have languages packs in it, to combine with all that you will need 3 to 4 CDs.

1eppan
01-12-04, 05:46 PM
there's Mafia that basically runs everything in russia. Around 95% all software is pirated and in 9 of 10 cases, if you buy game from anywhere there, it's pirated.

It is worse than old DDR was on late 80's... it's Traderz paradise with whole market places full of vans fully packed with pirated music and software sold less than 10% of original price. the pirate business is so eficient organized that you can even change non-working copy to working one.

In this light, it is Possible that they already have some fully working build, though I doubt it being FINAL. (at least after this it isn't. VALVE has not yet sent HL2 to gold, so they most likely will make some modifications to final version.)

1eppan, from 50 km from russian frontier, Kotka, Finland.

Fatman
01-12-04, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
No, the pic in other thread mentioned Demo and it was 1 CD. This retail 2 CDs I talked about is the full pirated retail game. You thought it was september leak is wrong, I have the demo, it is huge 3Gb and it do not have languages packs in it, to combine with all that you will need 3 to 4 CDs.

Dude, FARGUS, the label in large letters on top of the box is notorious for releasing half baked leaks, demos and other garbage. I also happen to read Russian, and hang out at some russian forums, visit russian game related sites, etc. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED GAME. There are no complete HL2 leaks out there, yet, hehe.

2nd coming this aint! Nothing to see here folks, keep it movin'.

GlowStick
01-12-04, 07:15 PM
No, the pic in other thread mentioned Demo and it was 1 CD. This retail 2 CDs I talked about is the full pirated retail game. You thought it was september leak is wrong, I have the demo, it is huge 3Gb and it do not have languages packs in it, to combine with all that you will need 3 to 4 CDs. the pic in the other thread had 2 cds

UDawg
01-12-04, 09:34 PM
I really sick of this pirated stuff. Great now we wont get the game until I qualify for social security. :rolleyes:

jAkUp
01-14-04, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by UDawg
I really sick of this pirated stuff. Great now we wont get the game until I qualify for social security. :rolleyes:

Hurray! That means the game is almost here!! :D :D :D :D :D

vampireuk
01-14-04, 03:03 PM
Two posts have been removed, Athlon and nick check your pm's

NickSpolec
01-14-04, 06:08 PM
Rah, rah, rah :mad:

I will reinterate what I said (minus the attack on XP1800):

How can the 'retail version' be leaked when there exists no retail version in the first place? The game hasn't gone to retail, it hasn't gone gold... I doubt the code has even been finailized. Just more FUD from XP1800

AthlonXP1800
01-14-04, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Rah, rah, rah :mad:

I will reinterate what I said (minus the attack on XP1800):

How can the 'retail version' be leaked when there exists no retail version in the first place? The game hasn't gone to retail, it hasn't gone gold... I doubt the code has even been finailized. Just more FUD from XP1800

Of course here are games leaked before it gone gold. Like Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, the game was pre-gold state and in finished form leaked on internet 1 month before Lucasarts announced the game gone gold. The difference found on Jedi Academy, pre-gold do not have copy protection while the final gold have it.

GamblerFEXonlin
01-14-04, 09:36 PM
does this mean a game only cost 5% of its retail price to box up? How much goes to marketing, distribution and lastly Vavle?

My shelf with games dont have more space left, if I don't want marketing and that cardboard box can I have such a version? Just a "DVD cover" like those old value games they sell?

I hear the boxes are even bigger in US...

AthlonXP1800
01-19-04, 06:25 PM
Dude, FARGUS, the label in large letters on top of the box is notorious for releasing half baked leaks, demos and other garbage. I also happen to read Russian, and hang out at some russian forums, visit russian game related sites, etc. THIS IS NOT A FINISHED GAME. There are no complete HL2 leaks out there, yet, hehe.

2nd coming this aint! Nothing to see here folks, keep it movin'.

FARGUS released 1 CD of half baked of course. The 2 CDs from the link I given are published by 1C Company, 1C Company issued a letter to The Inquirer (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13707), said Half Life 2 with 2 CDs by 1C Company pictured is the official retail and unfortunately they cant control the retail dealers who sold Half Life 2 retail early before the release date.

I started to wonder why Half Life 2 not released now? It must be because ATI paid Valve $8 million that Half Life 2 will be released until when R420 launch.

Razor04
01-19-04, 08:46 PM
I started to wonder why Half Life 2 not released now? It must be because ATI paid Valve $8 million that Half Life 2 will be released until when R420 launch.
So when did it go to $8 Million from $6 Million? Oh and this whole issue with regards to ATI paying is old...really really old. NV shelled out a nice hefty sum for Doom 3 and lets not even go into how much they shell out over the TWIMTBP program.

AthlonXP1800
01-19-04, 10:32 PM
Yeah on the day when Radeon 9800XT launched back in 30 Sept 2003, Half Life 2 was supposed released and bundled on that day but the game was delayed so ATI bundled the scratch voucher cards contained Half Life 2 CD Key numbers instead so that the users can download Half Life 2 for free.

Fatman
01-20-04, 02:32 PM
AthlonXP1800, read the letter again, it says nothing about 1C releasing half life 2. Fargus released 2CD HL2 leak back from Sept 30, 2003. Please stop the hype and speculations, it's bad enough that Inquirer doesnt check the info they post.

AthlonXP1800
01-20-04, 05:55 PM
it says nothing about 1C releasing half life 2

Yes 1C did not released Half Life 2 official so unfortunately 1C cant prevented every dealers released Half Life 2 without either IC or Valve's permission.