PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor:Allied Assault problems

Damascus
01-13-04, 05:31 AM
I just bought MOHAA last night, installed it, and its crazy! The game runs fine for a while.. but at any time, on any mission, at random, I get one of three errors: 1-Game kicks back to the "lobby" and I have to restart the mission. 2-Game crashes back to desktop. 3-Game freezes and I get a error report send/dont send thing. This happens whenever it wants to, without warning... EA dont offer any help at all. I can play through several stages most of the time before getting an error, and sometimes, no error at all. I never start the game unless I do a fresh boot, to make sure my memory is free and no apps are loaded... I have tried different resolutions, color, and detail settings, nothing changes anything. I have DX 8.1, am using Forceware 53.03 for my video, using the latest sound drivers from Creative, using the latest Via 4in1 drivers for my motherboard, my windows virtual disk mess is all default, and my OpenGL properties has Vsinc always off, and turning it back on does nothing. I have tried re-installing the game.. still get the same problem. The game box says supported chipsets on it, Geforce 3, Geforce 2, TNT, TNT2, etc... and since my Geforce 4 is nothing more than a beefed up version of the Geforce 2, I dont see why it would be incompatible. I have tried reinstalling my video drivers.. everything I can think of to try helps nothing. Anyone out there have any suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

LiquidX
01-13-04, 07:21 AM
First thing try and update the game and see what happends. There is one patch I believe that is available. I remember this happening with me so think it may be that the patch is needed. If the does not work try going back to the 45.23 drivers. When I had my Ti4200 system I had nothing but problems with drivers above this with this game.

Damascus
01-13-04, 07:53 AM
I just took the soundblaster out and tried using the onboard AC'97 crap, but still had error... so the problem lies solely in the video card. After all this, I no longer feel stupid for spending $150 on a Radeon 9600XT, which, God willing, will get here soon!
Thanx for the reply LiqiudX, I have a copy of both the Detonator 45.23 and Omega v1.4523 drivers. I'll give them a shot and see what happens.

stncttr908
01-13-04, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Damascus
I just took the soundblaster out and tried using the onboard AC'97 crap, but still had error... so the problem lies solely in the video card. After all this, I no longer feel stupid for spending $150 on a Radeon 9600XT, which, God willing, will get here soon!
Thanx for the reply LiqiudX, I have a copy of both the Detonator 45.23 and Omega v1.4523 drivers. I'll give them a shot and see what happens. I wouldn't feel stupid for spending $150 on a 9600XT either. :D

For now, just try the patch.

http://www.brturbo.com/images/turbogames/ukusonly_patch111v9safedisk.exe

CWB
01-14-04, 09:57 AM
There two patches I think. One of them fixed at least one major bug that many people encountered.

And GF4 should be fine; I played MOHAA, Spearhead, & Breakthrough on a GF4 TI4600 at 1280x1024, 2xAA & 4xAF and was surprised at how fast it was. FW 50s weren't out then, so I probably used Det 45s, and was using a SB Audigy.

If you get kicked to the lobby, you can sometimes just hit Escape and go back to the game. I remember the game did crash a few times before I applied the patches. After that, no problems at all.

Damascus
01-15-04, 12:44 AM
I only found one patch on the EA MOHAA website... its like a 15 MB download, and im connected around 24k right now, so I'm going to start the download and go to bed lol.
Will post back tomorrow to see if that fixes it.. Do you know where I can get the 2nd patch?

CWB
01-15-04, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Damascus
I only found one patch on the EA MOHAA website... its like a 15 MB download, and im connected around 24k right now, so I'm going to start the download and go to bed lol.
Will post back tomorrow to see if that fixes it.. Do you know where I can get the 2nd patch?

Ok, I think the 2nd patch is actually for Spearhead, meaning you don't need it to play AA. It did fix a major game-stopping bug, but it was a SH bug.

The Spearhead CD comes with the 1st patch for AA and installs it before installing the SH expansion, so if you don't want to download it, just buy Spearhead. Last I looked it was cheap. ;)

Badash
01-15-04, 07:21 PM
check "never dial a connection" under internet options, connections in Internet Explorer.

get the patch. ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/ea/patches/mohaa/