PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia power warning keeps coming up in Windows

SuLinUX
01-13-04, 02:34 PM
Hi,

I've had to boot into windows because my wifes plays a few Games that only work in there, after about 2 hours she gets a nvidia warning about power being to low.

I've checked my GPU fan and it is not working, I've tried to reinstall the older drivers but it still says the same thing and no fan on, any ideas?

I'm typing this in Linux :D where everthing is ok fan working, so assume it's a driver issue?

Thanks

Mr.Clawz950
01-13-04, 07:28 PM
Interesting ...... I know about this | | much about Linux. Can we get a Linux expert here please ?? I would assume it has something to do with the OS and the Driver.

GlowStick
01-13-04, 09:55 PM
Hmm, i get the feeling its a powersupply issue, that could explane the 2 hour time before it happens and why it dosent happen when its not being stressed.

And an explination for it happening after 2 hours, the powersupply gets hot and is less efficent or something etc etc

SuLinUX
01-14-04, 04:39 AM
It only happens in Windows, Linux is fine, The nvidia warning just keeps comming up when I install the drivers, i've even tried older ones.

GlowStick
01-14-04, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by SuLinUX
It only happens in Windows, Linux is fine, The nvidia warning just keeps comming up when I install the drivers, i've even tried older ones. Hm, then you could try a freshinstall of Windows with a fresh install of the drivers.

Could you post your powersuplly wattage and brand?

nForceMan
01-14-04, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by SuLinUX
after about 2 hours she gets a nvidia warning about power being to low.What kind of power supply unit do you use?

SuLinUX
01-14-04, 01:06 PM
Well it's go NOTHING to do with the PSU, it's must be the nvidia drivers because safe mode it fine.

Dont tell me i'm going to have to reinstall Windows just because of the simple driver issue, i'm mean who stupid is that.

SuLinUX
01-15-04, 07:45 AM
Well it seems to have sorted itself, booted the next day and it's ok now rather oddly.

Thanks anyway.

SuLinUX
01-30-04, 05:29 PM
Ok, I still keep getting the nvidia box telling me that it has shutdown the card to provent damage, I've also formated my c:/ drive.

What the hell is going on?, Nvidia drivers are disabing my fan and I cannot uses windowsXP at now.

MatiasZ[OC]
02-09-04, 06:20 AM
thatīs because you probably have linux installed on the same machine, and windows is celous

:p ;)

so after stressing the card under linux you still have the fan on?? maybe linux drivers donīt have the implementation to look for a failing fan :confused:

freak77power
02-11-04, 10:19 AM
Maybe, your fan is not working well?

Don't bother with linux...because you can burn your CPU linux would not notice (crappy OS ) :)

hohum
02-11-04, 07:42 PM
I remember Hilbert on Guru3D having the exact same problem, if I remember correctly it was caused by driver version...