PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry Beta leaked ?

mrsabidji
01-16-04, 12:11 PM
Whoops... I've spotted some 300MB "Far Cry Beta1" files on P2P this afternoon. I guess it was expectable... By the way, I think I remember having read somewhere on this forum you needed some kind of unique ID to be able to use the beta, so what's the point in releasing warez you can't even use ? Well...

mrsabidji

digitalwanderer
01-16-04, 12:23 PM
I believe the beta is multi-player only, with no server-side software being included.

saturnotaku
01-16-04, 12:54 PM
It's probably just 300 mb of lesbians, like most of the Doom 3 alpha leaks out there. :D

digitalwanderer
01-16-04, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by saturnotaku
It's probably just 300 mb of lesbians, like most of the Doom 3 alpha leaks out there. :D
300MB OF LESBIANS?!?!?!

Hell, now I gotta go find it and download it just on the off chance that you're right! :naughty:

Skinner
01-16-04, 02:15 PM
Its the real thing, you can create a lan game and do some sightseeing ;)

AthlonXP1800
01-16-04, 04:13 PM
Yeah I noticed it leaked, I will download it later to have a try. :D

Oh by the way, Far Cry single player demo will be available to download on 21st January next week. :D

digitalwanderer
01-16-04, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by AthlonXP1800
Far Cry single player demo will be available to download on 21st January next week. :D
Really? Heck, I'd rather wait for that. Where did you hear that from?

Skinner
01-16-04, 04:41 PM
Well, it was a nice walk, now I can delay my hollyday to the tropics ;)

btw, I'm not that impressed with the gfx, weapons feels good, sounds ok, but that's all for now.

UDawg
01-16-04, 05:04 PM
Commenting about actual game play of illegal Betas on this forum is REALLY a big sore spot for me. I care and take pride in being a part of this boar and DO NOT like warez, appz and Betas being talked about here. They are illegal and immoral.

*END OF RANT*

AthlonXP1800
01-16-04, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Really? Heck, I'd rather wait for that. Where did you hear that from?

Here (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=100383)

jAkUp
01-16-04, 06:23 PM
well since i am in the beta officially, im not surprised its leak. but unofficial downloaders can only play on lan. I get to play multiplayer:D :D :D hehe

digitalwanderer
01-16-04, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
well since i am in the beta officially, im not surprised its leak. but unofficial downloaders can only play on lan. I get to play multiplayer:D :D :D hehe
The Dig smiles at his PCs and wonders if the wife would be up for some one-on-one deathmatch action later...

Don't worry UDawg, I'll tell you all about it...it's a good thing, trust me. :cool:

BTW-Thanks AthlonXP1800! :)

NAZCA M12
01-16-04, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp

And you find that funny eh? You godamn... :p :D On the other hand (clears up throat) jAkUp "dearest of all my friends", have you tried it yet? How is it?

MUYA
01-16-04, 11:27 PM
Yeah I noticed it leaked, I will download it later to have a try. :D

Oh by the way, Far Cry single player demo will be available to download on 21st January next week. :D

W00T!

Thats excellent news...even it's just a demo ;)

AthlonXP1800
01-17-04, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Skinner
btw, I'm not that impressed with the gfx

Hmmm gfx on Radeon 9800XT not impressed? I noticed some images on Far Cry site are not nice and also it doesnt look real, that probably what you seen on Radeon. When I play it myself alone on LAN game created and I was floored, completed stunned to see the level of graphics quality that I never seen anything like it will be on multiplayer game.

The graphics is surpassed Half Life 2 graphics level on E3 demo. I dont know whether or not Valve will put much more in environments and also increase the level of graphics quality are remain to seen when the game ship.

When I walk about and realised it will be much more fun to play hide in bushes, trees, swim under the water etc and snipe the enemy over the river on the multiplayer. :D I hope Half Life 2 will catch up with Far Cry and I can see Far Cry's both single player and multiplayer are Half Life 2's very serious competitor. Let not hope Valve not going to panic and delay Half Life 2 again. :p

I managed to took 1 pic on my digital camera from my LCD TV. :D

Shaitan
01-18-04, 01:08 AM
of particular interest to me, was how awesome the M16 is in the 1st person view. The modeling, how it feels, and looks when pulled to the shoulder with mouse 2. IMHO it is damn close to the best I have ever tried. Too bad it didn`t become the standard. All thats missing is an iron sight view. But since this game is not a mil combat sim, no biggy. Many kudos to the modeller of the M16 views. Maybe we`ll see a mod tho, done in the mil combat style with an iron sight or even an ACOG.

The visuals ARE stunning. Especially when running on all highest vis settings allowable. But, the color pallete still seems a tad... colorful? I like darker colors, as candy colors seem more gamelike, less lifelike. At any rate, its all looking pretty sweet. Hopefully it doesn`t end up being just another pretty quaker.

Mullins1060
01-18-04, 10:29 AM
I managed to took 1 pic on my digital camera from my LCD TV. :D

isnt their a screenshot facility or even printscreen

what i want to really know is whether a 5600 non ultra wud be able to run it, cos it looks like a really good game. but if it runs badly on lower end pcs then its a shame

stncttr908
01-18-04, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Mullins1060

what i want to really know is whether a 5600 non ultra wud be able to run it, cos it looks like a really good game. but if it runs badly on lower end pcs then its a shame No, it's a shame that folks with higher end PCs have to deal with sub-par graphics so the people with GFFX 5600's can still play them. :D

Sorry about that, just messing with you.

I think it'll run, but probably not with anything more than 10x7 w/2x FSAA & 4x AF.

AthlonXP1800
01-18-04, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
No, it's a shame that folks with higher end PCs have to deal with sub-par graphics so the people with GFFX 5600's can still play them. :D

Sorry about that, just messing with you.

I think it'll run, but probably not with anything more than 10x7 w/2x FSAA & 4x AF.

In Far Cry readme, it said it do not support Geforce 4 MX, how strange, however in other forum, one person tested Far Cry on Geforce 2 MX 400, it ran great on 800x600 in high details. I think Geforce 4 MX will run it fine. :)

AthlonXP1800
01-18-04, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Mullins1060

I ran Far Cry at 1024x768 (in 16:8 Widescreen mode via remote), current Windows XP yet do not understand how to switch the screen from 4:3 to 16:9 mode, Longhorn will support this. Take 1024x768 16:9 screenshot from digital camera is the only way to do it. :)

digitalwanderer
01-18-04, 05:13 PM
Did you try using FRAPS for a screenshot?

The Baron
01-18-04, 05:29 PM
That's enough warez talk, ladies.