PDA

View Full Version : for sale dell optiplex GS

cricket
01-17-04, 09:28 PM
hi all, i came across a dell optiplex GS..133mhz, i think up to a 200mhz cpu(acording to jumpers) with intergrated video , has some kind of sound card, very small hard drive, also has a working network card for cable/LAN connections and cd drive + floppy drive.

i connected it to my cable connection and it works all good.

since i have no use for it and it will probbally sit in my basement for years on end, i firgured someone may need it for spare parts or even a 2nd pc in their home, or whatever they want to do with it.

if anyone is interested in buying this reply here with any questions. i was looking to get $50.00 or best offer

here is a link which may be helpful for spec's on this, as i said it is at the 133mhz cpu speed and is the GS http://support.ap.dell.com/docs/systems/dalt/graphics.htm

ragejg
01-17-04, 09:43 PM
please post a price...

cricket
01-17-04, 09:50 PM
looking to get $50.00 or best offer

saturnotaku
01-18-04, 09:20 AM
What OS is it running? Is there an available PCI slot to put in a video card such as a Voodoo3 or TNT?

cricket
01-18-04, 10:07 AM
hello saturnotaku, it has windows 98 on it, and yes there is a pci slot available on it.if your interested in buying it ,let me know

saturnotaku
01-18-04, 10:32 AM
Lemme think about it. Have to sell the RAM I have first. :)

cricket
01-18-04, 11:23 AM
hi again saturnotaku, you realize this is just a 133mhz cpu right? i think it was made around 1996-1997. i just went into basement and looked inside the case and there is an extra pci slot, also there is some type of soundcard in it, a kensington network card, a phone modem card and the graphics are built into motherboard. power supply is 145 watts. has cd drive (8x i think) and a floppy drive. i have no cd's that go with this computer, but it could probabbly be reformatted even though the hard drive is only 2.0gb..yes 2.0gb, not 20.
if no one here wants to buy it,i may put it on ebay and auction it off.
again it is an dell optiplex GS....not GX...very old ,but still works...maybe a collector's item...lol...oh well let me know if anyone is interested.

Edge
01-18-04, 01:05 PM
Hmm, that would probably make a decent serverbox for someone. I already got a comp like that, but if I didn't I'd definatly pick it up for $50. Maybe Digital Wanderer can buy it and give it to his next baby, then the computers that his kids have would be in alignment with their ages ;)

digitalwanderer
01-18-04, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Maybe Digital Wanderer can buy it and give it to his next baby, then the computers that his kids have would be in alignment with their ages ;)
You kidding? I still have an extry P166 lying around here now since I built her the new box! (I already stole the PCI V3 3000 & TV wonder from it though. ;) )

cricket
01-21-04, 08:04 PM
im hoping the "smithsonian instituit" calls me and wants this old pc....lol

cricket
01-25-04, 10:12 PM
hello again, just checking in to see if anyone was thinking on buying this dell optiplex GS ???? anyone???? i put it up for auction on ebay but no one has bid on it yet in past 3 days, still 4 days to go.
if someone in here wants it , I can cancell the auction on ebay as long as no one has bid on it there.....<------holding my breathe

cricket
02-02-04, 06:43 PM
ok, ive done a little upgrading to this dell optiplex gs i have for sale: it now has a 200mhz cpu, that i got out of another donated computer from a friend, and i changed bios jumper so it is now running at 200mhz, instead of the original 133mhz.
then i added a second hard drive for backup/storage, i also got this from the donated computer. this extra D DRIVE HARD DRIVE is 3.0gb and the original 1.98gb hard drive is the main drive with win98SE on it. i just reformated the 3.0gb hard drive so that computer could have extra backup storage space.
i then added another cd-rom (16x) drive so now it has 2 cd rom drives.
i also added a kennsington ethernat card for cable connection, plus it original had a phone modem card, sound card.
if no one is interested in buying this, i will probabbly give it to daughter to play around with.
price is still the same if anyone is interested, just private message me within here or reply back to this post.
and yes, i think janet jackson(at superbowl last night) was looking good...lol