PDA

View Full Version : 128MB card only showing 64MB

Lezmaka
01-19-04, 02:57 PM
I wasn't sure about the right forum, so feel free to move this thread.

I recently upgraded my system with nForce2 400, Athlon 2100+, 1gig PC2100 (it was all free and compared to a P3 800, I'm in heaven) and kept my current card, a Ti4200 128meg. The other day, I installed the latest nForce drivers. I'm using the 43.45 dets because whenever I use any of the ForceWare, I get lockups on certain games that use PunkBuster. Now, the display properties page is saying my 128meg card only has 64 megs as does dxdiag. Rivatuner shows the correct 128megs as does the video bios when I first turn on the system. I never paid attention to what it said before I installed the new nforce drivers.

I know I remember seeing similar problems in the past, but as this board won't let me search for two letter words (such as 64) I can't find any threads.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gator
01-19-04, 06:41 PM
I would reinstall the drivers fresh. I hate to say this though, but I've seen this before and often it means half the memory got fried. It sucks, but if that did happen then try to RMA the card or get a new one :(

Lezmaka
01-19-04, 08:49 PM
OK, now the drivers say 128megs but now dxdiag says 32megs.

I'm not getting any visual errors in games. Is there any way to tell if 1/2 the ram got fried?

freak77power
01-19-04, 08:55 PM
Don't worry, your memory is fine....really!
I had that problem with GF4ti 4600. My brother was complaining about it. Nothing helped, but clean installation of windows XP. I tried to reinstall drivers and DX. the DX would show all 128MB for some time, and than again for no reason I would get an issue you have now. Finally I formated my hard drive and install everything again, and now everything is cool.

Gator
01-19-04, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Lezmaka
OK, now the drivers say 128megs but now dxdiag says 32megs....

WOH! That is weird. Backup your data, format, install XP fresh, install Directx9 fresh, install the det's fresh. Something has to be corrupt in the software