PDA

View Full Version : HDTV output with NV cards?

DaHousecat
01-19-04, 04:11 PM
I have a friend who has an HDTV (Samsung) w/o the decoder but he wants to output 1080i to it with a video card. Supposedly with his ATI 7200 he can output in that with a $30 piece of equipment for sale on a site.
He and I both prefer NV for their driver quality, what are the NV cards that can do the same for HDTV output? The site says the 5900s cannot do it.

Or are we misled? I'm doubting whether or not it can output HDTV signal without the TV having the decoder.

Badash
01-19-04, 05:20 PM
The Leadtek 5950 Ultra is the only nv card with component video output.

http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_a380_ultratdh_myvivo_1.html

Cotita
01-19-04, 05:31 PM
There are PC to HDTV Video Converters that work with both ATI and nvidia cards. They cost about 100 bucks and up, so its not cheap.

I'm not sure that leadtek card includes a HDTV adapter, probably sold separately.

DaHousecat
01-19-04, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the info so far guys! I'd welcome more from anyone though, I'd like as much info as possible of course.

I have a Leadtek GF4Ti 128mb 4200 VIVO, only because it was the only model that supported 1024x768 tv output that I could find. I've read that my Leadtek doesnt o/c very well though.
Its Gainward for me or Leadtek if Gainward doesnt have the features.

Also, I dont have the VIVO plug for my GF4, if anyone knows where I can get that cheaply let me know.

I'll pass on the information I've gotten so far to my friend.