PDA

View Full Version : That was just plain mean ........

AlphaWolfII
01-20-04, 06:10 PM
I was in my local EB today browsing around. The usual boring stuff, no deals on the used CDs, nothing to get too excited about ........

Then I started to leave and a box in the front caught my eye! NO! It couldn't be true! Doom III!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart skipped several beats. :jumping:

Then I went over and picked up an empty box. Major downer.

It was a fake box to try and get me to pre-pay and get a solid pewter Doom figurine. I don't think so!

Don't EVER do that to me again! :fu:

Damn, there ought to be a law.

AW

mrsabidji
01-20-04, 06:22 PM
Sue them :D.

mrsabidji

AlphaWolfII
01-20-04, 06:35 PM
<<Sue them>>

I did, but the law suit was leaked and the judge said I can't go to court until the 4th quarter of 2004 or maybe 2007. :screwy:

AWII

saturnotaku
01-20-04, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by AlphaWolfII
I was in my local EB today browsing around. The usual boring stuff, no deals on the used CDs, nothing to get too excited about ........

Then I started to leave and a box in the front caught my eye! NO! It couldn't be true! Doom III!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart skipped several beats. :jumping:

Then I went over and picked up an empty box. Major downer.

It was a fake box to try and get me to pre-pay and get a solid pewter Doom figurine. I don't think so!

Don't EVER do that to me again! :fu:

Damn, there ought to be a law.

AW

This is a practice that has been going on for months, if not years. If Doom 3 had gone gold, don't you think it would have been all over the Web by now?

jAkUp
01-20-04, 10:28 PM
I have 2 of those doom figures, and a doom 3 poster!!!

w00t!!!:D :D :D

thenerdguy
01-21-04, 06:36 PM
Yeah ive had that happen to me severail times.
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Stalker
Far Cry
Barbie goes to Holly Wood

Darn game store just trying to get you to spend a dollor on empty boxes.

Woodelf
01-21-04, 10:48 PM
My first (and last) time had Me holding an ultra light TNT 2 Ultra box.

-=DVS=-
01-22-04, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by thenerdguy
Yeah ive had that happen to me severail times.
Doom 3
Half Life 2
Stalker
Far Cry
Barbie goes to Holly Wood

Darn game store just trying to get you to spend a dollor on empty boxes.

:wtf:

|JuiceZ|
01-22-04, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
:wtf:

thats exactly what I was thinking. Maybe he let that one slip :rofl

thenerdguy
01-22-04, 09:08 AM
It wasnt for ummm me it was for ummmmm my sister's best friends friends younger sister ;)

:)

Edge
01-22-04, 03:23 PM
Actually a lot of places are doing the whole pre-order box thing. Best Buy also has a bunch of pre-order bonus boxes, and I think I've seen them in either Circuit City or CompUSA as well. Usually you buy the "box" for the cost of the preorder, and the box usually has some extra stuff in it (a shirt or a soundtrack CD, etc.). Actually I think it's kinda a good sign that games are now getting enough hype in the industry that they're willing to offer pre-order bonuses and such on games, though it is kinda misleading when you see a "game" on the shelf that's actually a pre-order pack.

Woodelf
01-26-04, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Actually a lot of places are doing the whole pre-order box thing. Best Buy also has a bunch of pre-order bonus boxes, and I think I've seen them in either Circuit City or CompUSA as well. Usually you buy the "box" for the cost of the preorder, and the box usually has some extra stuff in it (a shirt or a soundtrack CD, etc.). Actually I think it's kinda a good sign that games are now getting enough hype in the industry that they're willing to offer pre-order bonuses and such on games, though it is kinda misleading when you see a "game" on the shelf that's actually a pre-order pack.

I agree with You, But it seem's that some of these games can take a loooooong time to go gold (if ya know what I mean).;)