PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye TVtool

Cotita
01-22-04, 10:06 PM
Since I had a geforce3 ti200, I had to use TVtool to hande the tv-out. I always complained for the bad tv quality and features of the detonator drivers.

Forceware 53.03 changed all this.

I tested the 5900nu with this drivers and the IQ is great, I now have position and even overscan and zoom controls.

Nview has matured and now works pretty well, much better than when I had the geforce ti 4600.

I'm happy with the performance and the features.

Now if only I could find a 5950ultra bios with VIVO

Naffer
01-26-04, 03:55 PM
overscan controls? Are you joking? There aren't any overscan controls in Nview, unless of course you don't have the same WHQL 53.03s as me!?

Cycloon
01-27-04, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Cotita
Since I had a geforce3 ti200, I had to use TVtool to hande the tv-out. I always complained for the bad tv quality and features of the detonator drivers.

Forceware 53.03 changed all this.

I tested the 5900nu with this drivers and the IQ is great, I now have position and even overscan and zoom controls.

Nview has matured and now works pretty well, much better than when I had the geforce ti 4600.

I'm happy with the performance and the features.

Now if only I could find a 5950ultra bios with VIVO

Leadtek a380 vivo

Cotita
01-28-04, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Naffer
overscan controls? Are you joking? There aren't any overscan controls in Nview, unless of course you don't have the same WHQL 53.03s as me!?

No joke

couldn't believe it myself either, but the tvout does have overscan controls, altough its not easy to find it at first. If you wish I'll take a screenshot and send it to you.

Cotita
01-28-04, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Cycloon
Leadtek a380 vivo

thats the first one I tried, but vivo doesn't work on my bfg 5900

Naffer
01-28-04, 12:49 AM
I'd love to see overscan controls. I've been totally unhappy with the Nvidia TV-out controls as of late, and TV-tool doesn't seem to like my combination of video card and television. Perhaps you could explain where the controls are, as I've been up and down through the driver menus and unable to find them.

Naffer
02-17-04, 08:56 PM
I guess this is technically a bump, but whatever.
Anyone had any luck in finding overscan controls without using TVTool? (It doesn't seem to like my video card/tv setup)

Cotita
02-18-04, 03:10 PM
gee I knew I had forgotten something...

sorry

anyway, you can use the overscan controls in the device adjustments tab for the TV its the same u use for flicker filter and screen positioning

I don't have internet at home for now so I can't take screenshots to show you

Naffer
02-19-04, 12:04 AM
I still don't get it. I don't have any flickerfilter or overscan adjustments. I even attached a picture.
My TV is attached with Svideo. The only thing I can change on it is resolution and screen position.
Using current WHQL 53.03 drivers.

Cotita
02-19-04, 03:19 PM
maybe it only works with the 5900FX cards

that same screen appear on my panel but with flicker and overscan controls

Naffer
02-19-04, 05:40 PM
I've got a Gainward GeforceFX 5900 Ultra! I'm totally confused. You're using a regular ol' TV right? Not an HDTV? Maybe it only works with composite?

Cotita
02-19-04, 09:17 PM
thats weird

I've used s-vhs and composite out and have the same control panel

the bfg asylum has a philps encoder chip for tv-out

don't know if the gainward uses the on-chip nv30 encoder.

alucard_x
02-25-04, 01:01 AM
Cotita: Overscan or Overdrive ?

Cotita
02-25-04, 01:57 PM
Overscan as in fill the tv screen completly and get rid of the borders.

What do you mean by overdrive?

alucard_x
02-25-04, 09:00 PM
overdrive is the option that i have under that same window where you're talking about. it is essentially a compensation control for contrast and brightness. raising brightness while decreasing contrast and vice versa.

Jimi
02-26-04, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Naffer
I still don't get it. I don't have any flickerfilter or overscan adjustments. I even attached a picture.
My TV is attached with Svideo. The only thing I can change on it is resolution and screen position.
Using current WHQL 53.03 drivers.

The TV out controls that appear in the NVIDIA driver are based upon the TV encoder chip that is shipped with the card. NVIDIA works a lot on the Philips 7108/7114 and Conexant 871/875 chips. In addition, I've noticed that the internal TV encoders found used on the FX5200 and FX5600 get most of the TV out features exposed.

I think the problem is that the manufacturers (ASUS, Leadtek, MSI) put cheaper TV out chips on the board that do not as much SW work has been done for those chips, so all of the features don't appear.

For what its worth, the Internal TV encoder of my personal cinema fx 5200 has almost all of the features exposed: flicker, overdriver, positioning, size and more. I use that guy to connect via S-Video to a Sony XBR TV and NVIDIA's controls work great to help me make the TV fit on screen.

Naffer
02-26-04, 02:23 PM
So if my 5900 ultra doesn't give me the features then it doesn't support their use at all? I still don't understand while even TVtool doesn't work with my card.