PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with my Optical Mouse

G3x5
01-25-04, 12:09 AM
Ive had this mouse for about a year, its the microsoft basic wheel optical mouse. and it has never given me any problems, i thought it was great for the price. until a month or so, i'd be using it and the curson speed would all the sudden slow down, at first i didnt know what to do, so i would restart my pc. i didnt like the idea of having to move my mouse all the way across the pad just to get the cursos from corner to corner on my monitor. then i thought of unpluging it from the USB and pluging it back in. that fixed the problem. but it would happen again. sometimes when im asleep i forget to turn off my speakers, and you can hear that noise, when you unplug a USB device. then the confirmation sound that a USB has been plugged in. i'd check in the morning and the mouse would be all slow again. sometimes the mouse just turns off, even if i switch from USB ports it wont come on. anybody know whats up?

Rampant CL
01-25-04, 02:37 AM
Have you checked it on another pc? Have you checked other mice on your pc? Its the easiest way to locate the fault.

Smokey
01-26-04, 08:22 AM
What OS are you using?

shim
01-26-04, 04:54 PM
switch it from the USB to the PS2.. this should fix it..

(note when i used MS ****e, i had that prob also)

edit: and also sounds like the mouse is gonna die soon if it turns itself off.. to remedy this as a DIY, open up ya mouse, then cut the cable like a inch from the base.. then half a inch from where the cord comes out of the mouse.. then rewire.. cause the problem lays in the poor design of where the cord goes into the mouse and bends at the 90degree angle..

Smokey
01-26-04, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by shim
switch it from the USB to the PS2.. this should fix it..

(note when i used MS ****e, i had that prob also)

edit: and also sounds like the mouse is gonna die soon if it turns itself off.. to remedy this as a DIY, open up ya mouse, then cut the cable like a inch from the base.. then half a inch from where the cord comes out of the mouse.. then rewire.. cause the problem lays in the poor design of where the cord goes into the mouse and bends at the 90degree angle..

note, you dont need to but the mouse cable to fix it, I fixed mine by just pulling the cable in a little, and bending the kink out. Note that this is also only a problem on the first version of the Intellimouse Explorer. As for OS, Win98 and ME, both have problems with the USB ports AFAIK, as shim said above, just use the ps2 port.