PDA

View Full Version : Tim Sweeney: On Next-Gen Unreal Engine.

agentFx
01-26-04, 03:04 AM
Found a new interview with Tim sweeney,main programmer
of Unreal engine. :)

Atomic: To concluded, what can we look forward to from your next generation engine?

Tim: Massive improvement in the realism and quality of scenes with realistic fuzzy shadowing. Incredibly detailed characters - like characters that, if you at and compare them side by side to our existing characters in detail, you might say they're a hundred times more detailed. A lot more use of physics in environments - not to create contrived puzzles but just in a natural way with all objects interacting physically. That's really just talking about the engine and not our game, which we aren't talking about yet.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=125713

here is a screenshot of the graphics in an early stage of the next Unreal engine.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=72404

btw.. AgentFx ->Nv40. :)

-=DVS=-
01-26-04, 03:18 AM
Looks nice should be released by them time we have R500/NV50 :D

Are you trying to clone your self like in Matrix :crosseye:

Razor04
01-26-04, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
Are you trying to clone your self like in Matrix :crosseye:
Nah...I think he is just responding to what someone said in another thread. They asked him what he would do if his namesake, the NV40, was a POS too compared to the competition out there.

tEd
01-26-04, 07:48 AM
unreal warfare in 2 years yay

the real ut successor :cool:

agentFx
01-26-04, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Razor04
Nah...I think he is just responding to what someone said in another thread. They asked him what he would do if his namesake, the NV40, was a POS too compared to the competition out there.

not exactly.. :D

THe Nv40 will be a Great card.. i was just about to do it ,sooner ot later. dont know how to change your name without creating a new account.. :confused:
probably i will change this name too. it just a test. ;)

an on the TOpic.. notice how TimSweeney use doom3 a couple of times..
for point of reference. :) but two years!! ? thats a lot of time.. :(

John Reynolds
01-26-04, 10:24 AM
Yeah, but what will you do if nVidia moves away from the FX name? :naughty:

|JuiceZ|
01-26-04, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by agentFx
...dont know how to change your name without creating a new account.. :confused:
probably i will change this name too. it just a test. ;)

*cough* send me a pm *cough* :D

btw JR 'NVxx' is just a code name for their chips so it really doesn't matter what the actual product name will be.

SuLinUX
01-26-04, 09:21 PM
If thats what the next unreal engine is going to look like, I'll take my computer apart piece by piece and eat it. :D

mao5
01-27-04, 12:55 PM
very old picture, I've seen it two years ago somewhere

jAkUp
01-27-04, 01:12 PM
Meh, 2 years?! By that time we will have Doom4 already:D But sounds interesting... hopefully it has some DX10 features! Yummy:D

Smokey
01-27-04, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by mao5
very old picture, I've seen it two years ago somewhere

Wasnt that pic first shown at the 5800Ultra launch?

2 yrs, I should have a new videocard by then :p