PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here delt with Leadtek RMA?

serialdave
01-27-04, 01:51 PM
I had a video card go out on me back in the days of tnt2 ulta and Leadtek did just fine back then. Recentl;y I purchased 4 new motherboards for home and they were all Leadtek products. Nforce 2. I have really been happy with them for the most part but one of them popped all of the capictors in a row near the cpu and became quite unstable.

I had the board RMA'd and they sent me a replacement - but it was a dusty used board with marks on the screw holes and the keyboard plug was abused terribly. That board never would run stable.

I got a secound RMA number after some diffeculty and sent it back but they still have not replaced it.

I don't think I should have had to pay for the shipping but I did. Now the board first went bad over the Thanksgiving holiday and it wasn't until december that I got the first RMA. Now here it is end of January and still no hope in site.

I think a good forum here wold be a place were we could warn each other of bad dealers and bad distributors or manufacturers.

Any one here had to deak with Leadtek - good or bad?

serialdave
02-22-04, 09:11 AM
So here it is months later and I still don't have a working replacement.

I must say the only good thing that came out of it was I got two spares in the meentime and the wife oked the, :)

got a nice shuttle nforce two then when I got the first replacvement I moved it over and built up my linux box to an xp2000. Then when I found out the replacement was no goo I waited a while then got a FIC AU11.

I have been using that in my main box and it really is quite nice even though it was less than $50. I needed the firewire that it has so it was a nice replacement for the Leadtek ncrr18 pro that is still out for rma.

Leadtek dosn't replace rma parts with new and they do not even test the partsd they are shipping out. It seems they just send one persons troubles over to the next :(

druga runda
02-22-04, 05:18 PM
Huh... hope they are better in Europe with this... I've got one of their cards and boards... luckily they worked as advertised from day 1 so noo need to test ther RMA process here

mrsabidji
02-22-04, 06:42 PM
My ti4200 that died (I've been telling this pathetic story quite a few times now) was a leadtek. I didn't deal with their RMA since I had a lot of other things to do... like sitting on the couch, watching cartoons, so I can't tell you much about it.

mrsabidji

serialdave
02-26-04, 12:27 PM
Well They finally shipped me another bad - used - abused motherboard.

One thing I noticed though is that all of a sudden no one has leadtek motherboards for sell. Newegg used to list quite a few and if you go to pricewatch gameVE is the only estore listed with any Leadtek items.

I wonder if they are getting ready to fold or drop the motherboard line.

personally I would stay away from any of their items.

sxotty
02-26-04, 01:00 PM
My friend bought a leadtek board from gameVE last year they called it retail but shipped only the board and the driver disk in a box for another brand It died about a month agoi. he phoned them got an RMA and it was back in a week with a brand new perfect board this time with all the cables and everything in a new box.

I suggest you try calling people instead of just emailing it tends to make them do a much bettter job.

serialdave
02-26-04, 05:06 PM
I have talked to people. Talked to one today. During this whole ordeal I have been curtious and polite and so have they. But it has still been since November that this has been going on.

What really seemed odd to me was that no one but game ve stocks Leadtek motherboards all of a sudden.

By the way I purchased three things from game VE and will never deal with them again.

Malfunction
02-26-04, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by serialdave
I have talked to people. Talked to one today. During this whole ordeal I have been curtious and polite and so have they. But it has still been since November that this has been going on.

What really seemed odd to me was that no one but game ve stocks Leadtek motherboards all of a sudden.

By the way I purchased three things from game VE and will never deal with them again.

Make sure you tell others about your ordeal and give the ratings you as well as I believe they deserve. This is just rediculous imho. :(

http://www.resellerratings.com/index.pl

I don't mean to keep pumping this site but it does help and there is only one way to make it better, by participating. :)

Peace,

:afro:

Nutty
02-26-04, 05:29 PM
I have a leadtek GF4, and its been flawless for several years. I think my bro bought a leadtek nforce2 mobo, tho he doesn't seem to having problems.