PDA

View Full Version : New stalker interview

thenerdguy
01-29-04, 04:02 PM
Linkage (http://www.cgno.com/features/70.html)

Sweet, I want this!:afro2: :afro:

SH64
01-29-04, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by thenerdguy

Sweet, I want this!:afro2: :afro:

we all do buddy ! :)

GeForce FX will provide dynamic light sources and soft dynamic shadows cast from anything onto anything and bump-mapping on all surfaces which at least exceeds the Doom 3 technology.

haha ! Oleg is threatening Carmack now! :D

jAkUp
01-29-04, 06:29 PM
CGN: Is the console market still an option?

Oleg: It is just too early to speak about it now as our every effort is now focused on the PC version development.

w00t!!! Sign me up!!!:D :D :D

CaptNKILL
01-29-04, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by jAkUp
w00t!!! Sign me up!!!:D :D :D
I was just going to quote the same thing....

It was music to my.. erm.. EYES :D

The Baron
01-29-04, 07:22 PM
capn, I swear to God, if you don't get rid of that avatar right now, I'll kill you while my head is bobbing up and down really fast. :p

Clay
01-29-04, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
capn, I swear to God, if you don't get rid of that avatar right now, I'll kill you while my head is bobbing up and down really fast. :p

Where the heck is your avatar? Am I *actually* responding to Tim....or to some imposter? :bleh: :p

The Baron
01-29-04, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by MaxPower
Where the heck is your avatar? Am I *actually* responding to Tim....or to some imposter? :bleh: :p
I decided to go all monochromatic. Snazzy, eh?

Clay
01-29-04, 09:23 PM

*in my best impersonation of a wife who found out her husband is a cheating jerk*
I just don't know WHO you are anymore!:thinker:

Nv40
01-29-04, 09:24 PM
CGN: How long do you think the game will take to beat? Along those lines, how many levels/missions are there and are there different difficulty settings? Also, how many endings will there be?

Oleg: Fans of “asap” play-through will be able to complete it within about 30-40 hours, but the belief is that they would not opt for such a choice. As the world of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is so diverse we estimate that there is 70-100 hours worth of intriguing travel with gradual development, searching for secrets and participation in the storyline. The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Zone will consist of 18 locations, joined into one global map, adjoining levels loaded at cross-points. With that you’ll be able to freely roam the area, selecting routes without limitations whatsoever. We plan over 8 different endings to the game.

Sounds very cool !! hope they release Tools for the Mod community ,otherwise the game will not last more than a few months. just imagine if Valve though to not support Mods in HL-1 . :)

i see great potential in that game , hope the gameplay is as good as the look of the graphics . :)

de><ta
01-30-04, 07:46 AM

Bring back Jet Li damn it, or I am going to bring back my old avatar, you know the one which gently sways from left to right, left to right...:p

The Baron
01-30-04, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by de><ta
Bring back Jet Li damn it, or I am going to bring back my old avatar, you know the one which gently sways from left to right, left to right...:p
Collin Chou, not Jet Li.

jAkUp
01-30-04, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by de><ta

1 vote for left to right avatar:D :D :D

AthlonXP1800
01-30-04, 11:16 AM
CGN: What about the new X-Ray engine? How innovative is this engine and what does it do differently, in particular?

Oleg: The X-Ray engine uses the latest achievements of 3D technologies:

- Support of the full range of DX9 features;
- Up to 3.000.000 polygons per frame;
- Dynamic shadows and lighting. Shadows of objects are cast correctly onto characters;
- Powerful physics engine – control of vehicles, detailing objects, bullet ballistics, skeleton joints and so on;
- Realistic AI – game characters behave adequately to events and environment;
- Motion capture animation.

3.000.000 polygons per frame is very interesting, 6 months ago in previous Stalker interview the developer said it used 2 million polygons per frame, now it increased to 3 million polygons per frame. I think Stalker alpha demo used 2 million polygons per frame and it is too blaze faster on 5900 Ultra, I dont need 200fps, 80fps will do the job great but it still need to increase the polygons further. 8 million polygons per frame certain will do Stalker game fine ever on 5900 Ultra as well as NV40, well I wished it set to 8 million rather than 3 million.

Clay
01-30-04, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
1 vote for left to right avatar:D :D :D

Head over here (http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24257) to voice your opinion about The Baron's AWOL avatar...

druga runda
01-30-04, 05:39 PM
:drooling:

if this is as good as it sounds

:dance:

when is the game due?

TO answer myself - due in Summer 2004... now will it make it... well sounds too complex and at least one slip would be the least I expect :|