PDA

View Full Version : FarCry Video Challenge

jAkUp
01-30-04, 10:56 AM
Last week I entered a FarCry video challenge at the official site... Whoever can make the most impressive video showcasing the physics, or whatever. And 2 of my videos won!!!! Check it out here and vote for your favorite out of all the winners:

http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/challenge_winners.php

druga runda
01-30-04, 11:45 AM
tried to open it but didn't want to... maybe I need a reboot after installing divx at work...

will check them out later

AthlonXP1800
01-30-04, 11:46 AM
Oh it you again, it unbelievable amazing you won so many competions. :p

Anyway Realistic physics in Far Cry clip looked amazing, shame it cant be done on Athlon XP 1800, I need to upgrade to Athlon 64 to show off everything. I voted for you. :D

mrsabidji
01-30-04, 12:05 PM
Yeah, stop winning things jAkUp... this is getting boring.
On a side note, why did you use wmv compression ? divx or xvid for example give far better results in general... Downloading your hires vids right now anyway...
Oh, and congrats (again...). :)

mrsabidji

jAkUp
01-30-04, 12:42 PM
Heh, well I really dont know much about video compression... so I just used Fraps to capture the video, and windows media encoder to compress it.... Can I use DIVX also?

Edge
01-30-04, 12:46 PM
Use Virtualdub, it's a very good program for editing/encoding videos into any AVI formats (like Divx).

mrsabidji
01-30-04, 12:49 PM
Not via windows media encoder I guess. But as long as you have the divx codec installed, you can use some tool like VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org) to encode your video in divx (or any other codec you have).

mrsabidji

Edit : your videos were cool by the way. Oh, vdub can compress audio too (it can do a lot of things, actually).

Edit#2:Originally posted by Edge
Use Virtualdub, it's a very good program for editing/encoding videos into any AVI formats (like Divx).
damn, I'm too slow... ;)

Smokey
01-30-04, 12:50 PM
Congrats mate, nice job :thumbsup: