PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! Whast Going On!

zoomy942
01-31-04, 11:24 AM
i have the microsoft wireless optical intellimouse and keybord. the keyboard works great, but my da*n mouse is all erratic and crazy times! it just jumps to the edges of the screen! what in the world? i tried what was listed on the microsoft knowledge base but it didnt help and i tried newer and older version of the software and i tried not using the software!! AHHHH!!

digitalwanderer
01-31-04, 12:31 PM
Do you have pets? Mine acts that way when an errant pet hair gets across the sensor on the bottom. The mouse works, but it acts WAY screwy 'til I turn it over and blow the damn cat hair off the lens. :rolleyes:

zoomy942
01-31-04, 12:33 PM
lol. i have 2 dogs. i'll try that out.

kraigc
01-31-04, 04:09 PM
lol, maybe the mouse is Code 3 (broken for you non AF maintenance people out there)

zoomy942
01-31-04, 05:13 PM
maybe i should call the helpdesk? lol. (for AF Comm guys)

Nutty
01-31-04, 05:16 PM
I have a logitech dual optical at work, and a logitech single optical at home, and they both rarely do the same thing..

I'll be like moving the mouse about, then the cursor will sudenly jump to the left side of the screen.

It doesn't do it frequently enough to become irritating yet tho.

Edge
01-31-04, 06:20 PM
To be honest, I think it's just a general bug with the laser tracking system. Mine seems to do it a lot less now, but every once in a while it will just randomly get all jumpy or jittery. I'm guessing the surface you use it on sometimes causes problems, especially if it's a bit reflective or glossy. And if there's any dust or hair in the lens, it can greatly affect it's acuracy. So clean off the lens, and use a cloth mousepad, and it might help a bit.

Nutty
01-31-04, 06:53 PM
ugh.. I hate mousepads. My last mouse pad, you could write your name in the dried sweat on it... :)

And the manky dirt around the ball omg.. gross..

Thank god for optical mice..

zoomy942
02-02-04, 08:41 AM
cleaning the laser seemed to help some. but what is an acceptable amount of "being nutty"?