PDA

View Full Version : NextGen Gay Consoles

DrFx
02-02-04, 05:54 AM
And for the nextgen gay consoles I just have to say!

And so it's starts over again hmm deja vu so when the damn thing is out the game looks like **** compared to the Pc but thats the way it's always been!

Just prey that the Pc console systems will take off and fly aka DiscOver and Phantom that way we dont have to live with a ****ty same spec uglu Gfx for the next 5 to 6 years they be out!

As far as I can see every programmer would really like one system aka the superior PC :-) to develop for and that way we allways will have Gfx pushing the boundaries!

So in the end **** ALL GAY CONSOLES and let the PC Gaming be the only thing mmm lovely ..so then you all can chose if you will game on a say DiscOver PcConsole on a big screen Tv or as usual a Pc and a monitor!

Even Valve says the same that we will have one system in the end and thats the Pc as every programmer is so sick of learning a new damn system all the time!

There you have, mark my worlds that it will be so and the ****ing nextgen gay console war is over...!

I knew a few programmers here in Sweden, Starbreeze annywon and they completely agree with me :-))

So Pc all the way **** the rest heheheheh.....

Nutty
02-02-04, 07:29 AM
Developing for Pc's is a pain, because of all the compatibility problems, and having to code for ppl with gf4mx's and all that crap.

Console coding rules, as everyone has identical hardware, you can pull out all the stops, and you know what everyones frame-rate will be.

But then I am a console developer. ;)

LiquidX
02-02-04, 08:04 AM
I for one like consoles...hell it started it all for me with the Atari. The X-Box has brought to some level what us pc gamers with a mid-level to a high-end pc have been experiencing for awhile. X-Box I think is evolving big time...."live" there online service runs almost lag free and is very intuitive. I think the next PS2 and X-Box will bring console gamers even closer to the pc big boys. Also you have to look at this as a good thing for those that cant afford a $700 rig to game with the big boys. And man nothing beats playing some Soul Calibur 2, Grand Turismo, Metal Gear or Project Gothom 2 on a 35 inch T.V from the comfort of laying back on your bed or sitting back on the couch. :cool:

EciDemon
02-02-04, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by DrFx

I knew a few programmers here in Sweden, Starbreeze annywon and they completely agree with me :-))

So that's why they made Enclave for X-Box huh ?

I can only pity you as your missing out on awesome games that will never be released on PC ... they just won't be suited for PC so to say.

Now go do some benchmarking or something, Ive got cool games to play!

digitalwanderer
02-02-04, 08:52 AM
I don't really have anything against consoles. Hell, my first PC was a VIC-20 which I could probably argue pretty well WAS just a glorified console. (Ok, the Atari 2600 was before that...as well as the pong & motocross games. :rolleyes: )

But PC games can never be replaced or even really compared with consoles for me, they're just too different. I'm not talking the old "control vs. mouse/keyboard", or even the fact that TV's just blow for me resolution-wise after years of PC gaming. (The huge pixels really do throw me off.)

No, PC games got the huge advantage with customization for me. :cool:

If I don't like a PC game, there's a pretty good chance I can adjust it more to my liking by either some judicious editing of some config files or thru use of some third-party utilities. Aside from that, the whole mod scene is just too much extra content to pass up for me. :)

That's my take on it. If consoles is your thing, well power to ya and I hope you enjoy it. I've really been trying to get into GameCube a bit more, and I gotta admit that once I get over the TV thing the graphics are just stunning and the gameplay is topnotch (I've been playing the latest Mario Karts with my son this weekend and he has been CLEANING up the track with me...I'm gonna introduce him to multi-player CoD later this week to get even. :angel2: ), but it's not the same thing as the PC gaming experience.

Although a big point for console games: consoles are a HELL of a lot more social than PC games to me. I don't know many games you can kick back with a few people and play with on PC ('cept online multi-player, which is a different kind-o-social) where the GameCube just seems to be more fun with the more people you have playing. :)

They each got their strongpoints and I think there is going to be room for both for quite a while yet to come. :)

NickSpolec
02-02-04, 09:08 AM

So in the end **** ALL GAY CONSOLES and let the PC Gaming be the only thing mmm lovely ..so then you all can chose if you will game on a say DiscOver PcConsole on a big screen Tv or as usual a Pc and a monitor!

Yeah, what he said.

PenguinJim
02-02-04, 09:12 AM
Oh... my... GOD!!! How could I have missed all this?!? There are gay consoles??? Where? How? What? Why?

You're already talking about the NEXT generation of gay consoles, and I'd completely missed the current one :(. Who makes them? Where can we get them? Are they just more stylish, better dancers, and better listeners? Or do they somehow prefer being stacked one on top of the other, too?

DiscCover PcConsole? That's quite a hetero name for a gay console, but hey! If it's got a rainbow on it, it's gay enough for me :).

I try to keep up with what consoles are available and stuff, but seriously. I am totally in the dark about all this. Is Sweden the only place where gay consoles are available? :(

Um... LiquidX and Digi, I think you missed the title of this thread. We're talking about super-cool gay consoles, not your hetero boxes of fun :p (and before you ask, the answer is no. The GameCube is not gay).

Oh, and the PC kicks ass :) then again, so does the PS2 in many ways. And as Digi pointed out, GameCubes are great for kids and parents alike. And the X-Box... can be modded :). And you can break a cat's back if you drop an X-Box controller onto it from just 5 feet! So all the straight platforms have their uses :angel2: .

Nephilim
02-02-04, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim
Oh... my... GOD!!! How could I have missed all this?!? There are gay consoles??? Where? How? What? Why?

You're already talking about the NEXT generation of gay consoles, and I'd completely missed the current one :(. Who makes them? Where can we get them? Are they just more stylish, better dancers, and better listeners? Or do they somehow prefer being stacked one on top of the other, too?

DiscCover PcConsole? That's quite a hetero name for a gay console, but hey! If it's got a rainbow on it, it's gay enough for me :).

I try to keep up with what consoles are available and stuff, but seriously. I am totally in the dark about all this. Is Sweden the only place where gay consoles are available? :(

Um... LiquidX and Digi, I think you missed the title of this thread. We're talking about super-cool gay consoles, not your hetero boxes of fun :p (and before you ask, the answer is no. The GameCube is not gay).

ROTLMFAO!!!111

gmontem
02-02-04, 10:44 AM
Some GameCube consoles are gay but it all depends on the sex of the other console it sits on top of. Some people like to place their GameCube on top their XBox so while the owners are away to play the XBox #^%*$ the Cube and makes it gay. :p

Edge
02-02-04, 10:58 AM
Well, despite the fact that the topic creator's rambling was barely understandable, I think I got this message out of it: "OMG liek consoles are teh suxor!!!!!1 LOLZ@!". I seriously hope you don't represent the PC gaming croud, becuase if you do PC gaming is full of a bunch of morons and 10 year olds.

And I don't see how a 1 ghz machine with integrated Intel Extreme graphics is a better development platform than consoles. PC developers can't assume that every PC gamer out there has the best hardware availible, and because of that it takes several years for PC gaming to catch up to consoles while they wait for better hardware to become standardized. Also, if programmers are "sick of learning a new damn system all the time", then why in the hell would they chose to add features and effects for new graphics cards every year that they come out? For every single console generation, PC graphic cards go through 2 or 3 big leaps, so wouldn't it make more sense to stick with consoles which don't have fluctuating hardware and low-end PC users?

Not to mention console games almost always sell better than PC games. Wouldn't developers rather make games for the platform that would make them the most money, rather than having "easier" programming (though I can't imagine that it would be that much harder to develop console games, since most PC games are ported to consoles in mere months, such as Max Payne 2 and Halo have shown).

Oh, and last I checked, Starbreeze has made one game series: Enclave. And guess what? They're designed primarily for consoles. They sure have a strange way of standing by the PC when their only games are designed for consoles.

mrsabidji
02-02-04, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by PenguinJim

Oh, and the PC kicks ass :) then again, so does the PS2 in many ways. And as Digi pointed out, GameCubes are great for kids and parents alike. And the X-Box... can be modded :). And you can break a cat's back if you drop an X-Box controller onto it from just 5 feet! So all the straight platforms have their uses :angel2: .

:rofl

Raptorman
02-02-04, 11:52 AM
I really don't know what your problem with consoles is, but IMHO you're wrong. I personally love my XBOX, but I prefer my PC. There are advantages to both systems, and disadvantages. However, consoles will never replace PCs.

DrFx
02-02-04, 11:54 AM
Oops Guys just relax, stept on to many console lovers toes there heheh...!

Dont get me wrong I grewed up with consoles and LISTEN NOW I GOT AN CHIPPED XBOX AND I ALSO GOT A GAMECUBE !!! Thats right I DO ;-)

But I having a real hard time to deal with all the bluriness and SUPER lowres **** not to mention all ****ing games run at 30 Fps Yakk!

So I you love em go on enjoy them then!

DrFx
02-02-04, 11:58 AM
Forget to say that them were Gay console were wrong OKEY!!

They are not GAY OKEY heheh...:eek:

digitalwanderer
02-02-04, 12:09 PM
But I having a real hard time to deal with all the bluriness and SUPER lowres **** not to mention all ****ing games run at 30 Fps Yakk!
I can relate to that. :)

DrFx
02-02-04, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I can relate to that. :)

Amen ;)

Edge
02-02-04, 12:32 PM
Oops Guys just relax, stept on to many console lovers toes there heheh...!

Dont get me wrong I grewed up with consoles and LISTEN NOW I GOT AN CHIPPED XBOX AND I ALSO GOT A GAMECUBE !!! Thats right I DO ;-)

So I you love em go on enjoy them then!

OK, first off, you don't have to say **** or ****ing to prove your point. You sound like a 12 year old Counterstrike player when you just randomly throw swear words in there (but at least you censored them). But it's not a case of people here being console lovers, it's that people aren't blind fanboys like you who can't see the advantages of other platforms (why in the world did you spend $400+ on consoles if you hate them so much?).

And uh, if you do love your PC games, why don't you go play them rather than "*****ing" on this forum? I don't like Nintendo, but I don't go and make a thread saying "OMG I h8 Nintnedo! they sucks so much!"

And if you have an Xbox, you'll know that some games run at HDTV resolution (1280x720 or 1960x1080), and many games are locked at 60 FPS. In fact, if you think that having a powerful computer guarantees that you'll always get at least 60 fps, you're fooling yourself.

stncttr908
02-02-04, 01:09 PM
I was going to read your little tirade, but then I figured if someone can't come up with a better argument than consoles are "gay" then it isn't worth my time. A little advice, if you want to be taken seriously, don't come across as a bloke right off the bat.

vampireuk
02-02-04, 01:23 PM
This is my argument, this thread is rediculous.