PDA

View Full Version : upgrade geforce 2 mx/mx 400

IVIUXS
02-03-04, 08:32 PM
IHi i have a big problem with my video card,I have an NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX/MX 400 of 64 megas,my problem is that with the video card is that contains an exe call RCMPT.EXE and takes all the resources and put my pc very slowly or freeze por several seconds between orders that my pc has to do,I took away this exe and my video card change from 64 megas to 32 megas and i need urgent to upgrade again into 64 megas i went to the nvidia web and there is nothing about this card cause i think is to old `for them,there just info for video cards up to geforce 3,so i need urgent if somebody knows where can i download the drivers to upgrade my video card and works again as a 64 video card,i need your help urgent,regards in advance MIRKO IVO(IVIUXS)i have a windows 98

jAkUp
02-03-04, 09:53 PM
the latest forceware drivers work fine with it.

IVIUXS
02-03-04, 11:52 PM
Hi ,i read about this forceware,but please i need the links to download the drivers

ragejg
02-04-04, 12:02 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

IVIUXS
02-04-04, 02:09 AM
i repeat the link that you gave me brings again to the nvidia generic card drivers but not to what i exactly i want which is the NVIDIA GEFORCE 2 MX/MX 400 drivers.

madmartyau
02-04-04, 03:16 AM
That driver works on everything from TNT2 to current chips.

vampireuk
02-04-04, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by madmartyau
That driver works on everything from TNT2 to current chips.

Yup, also moved to the driver forum.

IVIUXS
02-04-04, 10:45 PM
i made a mistake with the exe the real name that reduce the performance of my pc is RSCMPT.EXE

theultimo
02-07-04, 06:29 PM
From guru3d.com forums:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=43121&perpage=10&pagenumber=5
Hi there,

I have the same problem with an nVidia GeForce4 MX440 video card that has 64Mb DDR RAM on the box.

There are 4 DDR RAM chips on this video card. These are made in Korea (Hyundai brand) with part number HY5DU663222.

Now for the interesting part...
Go to the web site that explains the code numbering of Hyundai memory chips:
http://www.hynix.com/eng/products/dram/down/DDR.pdf
Following is a breakdown of the code on my video card RAM chips...
HY = Hynix memory (Hyundai)
5D = DDR SDRAM
U = voltage (2.5V)
66 = 64M density, 2K refresh (That is 64Mbits) *** See below
32 = x32 organisation
2 = 4 banks
2 = SSTL_2 interface

*** Note that the video RAM chips are 64Mbits each. Four of these chips will give 32Mbytes - the amount of video memory seen by Windows!

If you have a 28 instead of 66 in the RAM part number, then that indicates 128Mbit density. Four of these chips will give a total of 64Mbytes video card RAM.

Moral of the story so far: The packaging gives the 'density value' of the RAM chips used on the video card. If there are 4 RAM chips, then you effectively have half the 'density value' in bytes. If there are 8 chips - fine, you have the full amount of video memory. i.e. misleading advertising, but not exactly false advertising - since the box states '64Mb DDR RAM' - the density of the RAM chips used in the video card.

The other point worth noting is that of the driver disk with the Rscmpt.exe file. AVOID THIS if you notice a drastic slow-down of your computer! It FOOLS Windows into thinking it has twice the amount of memory by taking some from main memory. Now if that is not falsifying information about the video memory, I don't know what is! Instead, download the Detonator driver directly from the nvidia web site. If needed, rename the Rscmpt.exe file to say Rscmpt.exe.old so that it doesn't load up at boot time.

I hope this helps. I know in future that I will be checking carefully all specs on anything I intend to buy before committing to a purchase in future...

Mike.