PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR 1.02 is out

Vash
02-05-04, 09:57 AM
Looks like its got a good list of bug fixes and even a few new features (like walking!). Grab it here. (http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=4193)

And here's the change log. (http://support.lucasarts.com/patches/KotOR.htm)

I was hoping that they'd fix the bug where characters w/blasters wouldn't run up to their targets and practically shove the blasters up their nose before firing. That and a few more scripts would be nice. But hey, this is a nice patch as it is.

The Baron
02-05-04, 10:01 AM
I died about eight times because two of my characters would just stop fighting for no reason. Glad to see it's fixed, except I already beat the game. Hrarumph.

RAY16
02-05-04, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
I died about eight times because two of my characters would just stop fighting for no reason. Glad to see it's fixed, except I already beat the game. Hrarumph.

Well, there is two endings... O_o

The Baron
02-05-04, 02:40 PM
I know, but my second (Dark Side) character will be able to beat the game shortly.

PS--Stasis Field is the best Light side power. Get it.

Vash
02-05-04, 03:24 PM
I have left my Light Side Jedi waiting on the unknown world. I got a slew of good GBA games that I wanted to get through. :)

I'll fire him up again after I patch, though, and probably beat the game. And then I'll be going around a second time with a DS character.

The Baron
02-05-04, 03:26 PM
Unknown World is pretty easy. Like it's not obvious--three Jedi, stasis field, Force wave, instant win.

Fatman
02-05-04, 09:46 PM
IMO darke side game plays a lot better, more fun, and much better powers. Kill/Choke, and force storm is great. I love the way ur char changes when he becomes dark.

Chalnoth
02-05-04, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
PS--Stasis Field is the best Light side power. Get it.
Well, if you're a Consular. If you play a Guardian, you're better-off going for the speed skills. The highest-level one gives you two extra attacks and double movement rate. Along with critical hit or power attack, well, it's just damned powerful (btw, if you didn't notice, you're better off with one-handed weapons for crits, and the double-bladed lightsaber for normal damage).

The Baron
02-05-04, 11:39 PM
yes, I thought speed went without saying.

but speed + stasis field = INSTANT DEATH.

Chalnoth
02-06-04, 12:13 AM
Only thing is, stasis field really isn't that useful unless you're a Consular. In my experience, only the easier monsters will succumb to a stasis field if you're not. Consulars just aren't good at doing tons of damage quickly...

The droid destruction skills, however, are possibly much more useful, since many droids are highly resistant to a number of attacks.