PDA

View Full Version : Bah, I didn't need that PCI slot anyways!!

ragejg
02-07-04, 06:20 PM
Heh, I can't help it... sick of hittin a brick wall @ 450/750 with NO ramsinks, and a fake copper HSF...

I'll post benchies shortly... meanwhile I'm using a passively cooled ti500 :p

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=269407

ragejg
02-07-04, 06:23 PM
another view...

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=269410

heh, see what happens when you get bored? :p

theultimo
02-07-04, 06:23 PM
Heh, I'm working on a cooler for my laptop to o/c my 5600 to 5650 or higher levells. Sweet job, wish it would work for yas :)

ragejg
02-07-04, 08:04 PM
:(

ehh, oh well...

NO more OC'ing headroom!!

The ram as always hits a brick wall @ 750, and the core gets flaky above 450-460... dang it...

Well, when I get bored again I'll un-mod it... :p

stncttr908
02-07-04, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ragejg
:(

ehh, oh well...

NO more OC'ing headroom!!

The ram as always hits a brick wall @ 750, and the core gets flaky above 450-460... dang it...

Well, when I get bored again I'll un-mod it... :p CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE JUST VOIDED YOUR WARRANTY!

Sucker! Oh wait...those are RAMsinks on my 9800 Pro. :D

ragejg
02-07-04, 11:23 PM
shhh... :p

jAkUp
02-08-04, 12:45 AM
Bah... What good is a warranty if it isn't voided :D

goofjb
02-08-04, 02:20 AM
Any kind of BIOS update for the card or do you think your stuck?

MUYA
02-08-04, 02:27 AM
Nice one Rage....suprised the PCBS still can take the added weight! :D

I was apprehensive about installing the Zalam 80A on me 9700Pro but the PCB handled it ok :)

Now u definately need a fan controller ;)

ragejg
02-09-04, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by goofjb
Any kind of BIOS update for the card or do you think your stuck?

I'm thinking the Creative/MSI BIOS has really tight memory timings... so maybe sometime I'll try a different BIOS if I find any other users of this card having success flashing thiers... ...maybe... :p

Chalnoth
02-09-04, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ragejg
[B]Heh, I can't help it... sick of hittin a brick wall @ 450/750 with NO ramsinks, and a fake copper HSF...
Hey, if you really want to get nuts with overclocking, go for a water-cooled system :)

One of these days, I think I may try do the following:
1. Get a water-cooled system. Rip out the reservoir and get what is essentially a bucket below an ice maker. Will have to use distilled water and enclose the environment completely. This setup would keep the CPU at almost exactly 0 degrees Celsuis.
2. Due to the cold temperatures, I'll need to have the computer case dessicated. Will have to find a way to do this.
3. Attach peltier coolers to all surfaces I choose to cool. Since one side of the peltiers will be kept almost constantly at 0 degrees Celsius, the other side should be quite cold indeed.

Anyway, it'll be fun to figure out how to put this all together, and I should be able to reach insane processor speeds :)

MUYA
02-09-04, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Chalnoth
Hey, if you really want to get nuts with overclocking, go for a water-cooled system :)

One of these days, I think I may try do the following:
1. Get a water-cooled system. Rip out the reservoir and get what is essentially a bucket below an ice maker. Will have to use distilled water and enclose the environment completely. This setup would keep the CPU at almost exactly 0 degrees Celsuis.
2. Due to the cold temperatures, I'll need to have the computer case dessicated. Will have to find a way to do this.
3. Attach peltier coolers to all surfaces I choose to cool. Since one side of the peltiers will be kept almost constantly at 0 degrees Celsius, the other side should be quite cold indeed.

Anyway, it'll be fun to figure out how to put this all together, and I should be able to reach insane processor speeds :)

Ya but how much noise would that ice maker make? :p

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR R

24/7

I couldn't take. In fact I can takes the 92mm fan blowing unto my zalman GPU HS and the 80mm 4500 rpm Delta fan on me HSF. I had to get a damn vantec 205 fan controller! so when i am not doing anything stressfull to the parts i turn em down.
:D

would cost you quite a bit too ya that setup?

I would love to get a water cooled setup someday too...but costs!!! :eek:

Chalnoth
02-09-04, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by MUYA
Ya but how much noise would that ice maker make? :p
It shouldn't make much noise. Basically just a refrigeration unit. There would, of course, be the occasional noise from the ice dropping into the reservoir.

My only question is whether or not this method would be more or less efficient than a direct refrigeration unit. I think that it would be, given the excellent properties of water for cooling.

Anyway, yes, it will cost a fair amount, so it'll one of the last things on my list of things to do with my computer, but it would still be fun :)

goofjb
02-10-04, 01:25 AM
I think air cooling is the harder way to OC. When you hear of someone getting a 250 FSB with air cooling you think of just how many fans it would take to do that. :)