shim
02-09-04, 09:00 AM
which do you use?

saturnotaku
02-09-04, 12:27 PM
Trackballs = teh :barf:

stncttr908
02-09-04, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I can't use a trackball without going insane.

Gator
02-09-04, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
Yeah, I can't use a trackball without going insane.

yep, and they suck for games too

saturnotaku
02-09-04, 04:05 PM
Back in the Quake 3 public beta days we had a friend who would use a trackball to play. He would fall into the lava on Q3DM-7 constantly. It was really funny. :D

UDawg
02-09-04, 04:19 PM
What's a trackball?

:D

PsychoSy
02-09-04, 05:34 PM
Trackballs = Teh Ownage!! :D I've used the same Logitech Trackball Wheel USB for the past 3-4 years and I won't be replacing it until it dies ... and its replacement will also be another Logictech Trackball wheel mouse! :p

LIES!!!!!!! :p

http://www.fyremoon.net/~psychosy/images/shot0027.jpg

That's not my best, but it's consistant with a normal game for me when I'm in my zone and have found my rhythym. Also, had I been drunk at the time of this game, my frags would be doubled as I play FPS games much better drunk than sober - I'm more mellowed and relaxed (less twitchy) when I'm OUI, baby! :p

Other than that, no hax, no bots, no BS :)
Just plain ol' "/sensitivity 2" and "cl_mouseaccel .50" trackballing goodness.

saturnotaku
02-09-04, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
Also, had I been drunk at the time of this game, my frags would be doubled as I play FPS games much better drunk than sober - I'm more mellowed and relaxed (less twitchy) when I'm OUI, baby!

Though I disagree with your sentiment on trackballs, I wholeheartedly agree with the impact of alcohol on gaming performance. I've found a couple malt beverages before fragging allowed me to 0wn at the original UT. :D

shim
02-11-04, 06:24 AM
with trackballs it takes bout 2 weeks to get used to em.. and if ya can last that long, then its heaven afterwards and realise how ****ty mice are then..

Vash
02-11-04, 07:31 AM
Had a friend in college that used a trackball for Descent - I can see the advantages to using one for a game such as that, but FPS gaming with a trackball's got a steep learning curve.

Seems to be similar with the Qwerty-Devorak thing - Devorak's better, but takes about 2 weeks of constant use to get used to.

Rampant CL
02-11-04, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
Trackballs = Teh Ownage!! :D I've used the same Logitech Trackball Wheel USB for the past 3-4 years and I won't be replacing it until it dies ... and its replacement will also be another Logictech Trackball wheel mouse! :p

LIES!!!!!!! :p

http://www.fyremoon.net/~psychosy/images/shot0027.jpg

That's not my best, but it's consistant with a normal game for me when I'm in my zone and have found my rhythym. Also, had I been drunk at the time of this game, my frags would be doubled as I play FPS games much better drunk than sober - I'm more mellowed and relaxed (less twitchy) when I'm OUI, baby! :p

Other than that, no hax, no bots, no BS :)
Just plain ol' "/sensitivity 2" and "cl_mouseaccel .50" trackballing goodness.

While i do not doubt your trackball skillz, i should point out that i can get a similar score in a server like that using the default arrow key settings and playing. Well, i suppose xa is decent....

Now im going to hunt you down in sof2, look out for Rampant :)

saturnotaku
02-11-04, 12:47 PM
Rampant, buddy, when y'all quote someone, please don't include the picture. It's a waste of bandwidth and makes like harder for our 56k friends. :)

gmontem
02-11-04, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Gator
But games like Rampart and Marble Madness on MAME are more fun with a trackball. Speaking of which, I am thinking of buying this (http://www.x-arcade.com/trackball.shtml) as soon as it comes out. Whoo.

Skuzzy
02-11-04, 01:49 PM
I find it easier to throw mice across the room. Trackballs have no handles,...do they? :D

gmontem
02-11-04, 03:18 PM
If you get :fu: at your friend and want to :nutkick: by throwing an input device at his (pb), you will want to throw the one that will inflict the most damage, right? Which one gains the most momentum, a cordless mouse or a big marble track ball? :p

Skuzzy
02-11-04, 03:42 PM
No no! I dunt wish to hurt anyone! I get angry/frustrated when I make a stupid mistake and the rat seems to feel right to toss. I think it is subconscious agression manifesting from my dislike of Windows.
Or, maybe a lack of doughnuts?