PDA

View Full Version : "Nvidia's Detonator 55 is Forceware 2.0"

DMA
02-10-04, 06:33 AM
The firm is planning to release new drivers with 55 marks in the name and the driver will be called ForceWare 2.0.
This driver should get you "up to" [famous marketing phrase] 20 per cent of performance increase and free auto-overclocking it seems.

Inquirer.. (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14069)

Alot of NVIDIA related news by Fudo lately. :D

MUYA
02-10-04, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by DMA
Inquirer.. (http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14069)

Alot of NVIDIA related news by Fudo lately. :D

hmmm well can ya blame him? New GPUs are about to be launched so naturally ppl wanna hear any tidbits about them. :D

But that free auto-overclocking sounds a bit like "Overdrive" to me? WOuld be interesting.

;)

RobHague
02-10-04, 07:31 AM
This driver should get you "up to" [famous marketing phrase] 20 per cent of performance increase and free auto-overclocking it seems.

VERY nice bonus. :D Sounds like free speed thats not gonna void ur warrenty :)

Can't wait though, especially for the custom game profiles part. Maybe they will also release the 64bit AMD64 version at the same time? :D

DMA
02-10-04, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by MUYA
hmmm well can ya blame him? New GPUs are about to be launched so naturally ppl wanna hear any tidbits about them. :D

But that free auto-overclocking sounds a bit like "Overdrive" to me? WOuld be interesting.

;)

Of course.
I didn't mean that fudo posting NV related news is a bad thing, post more i say. :)

DSC
02-10-04, 08:25 AM
I wonder exactly what version is gonna be released, since Nvidia is at least up to Forceware 56.5x at the moment. :o

[TrollFX]
02-10-04, 04:07 PM
Na , 53.03 is still the only real forceware out currently..beta's don't count yo..atleast not until its at www.nvidia.com .

AnteP
02-10-04, 04:36 PM
Got 56.55 right here on my harddrive. ;)
Haven't installed them yet though.

Carfax
02-10-04, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AnteP

I don't expect you to share them, but it would be nice if you told us if they were good or not :D

skypx
02-10-04, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by AnteP

Plllleeeaaassseee. :D

AnteP
02-10-04, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Carfax
I don't expect you to share them, but it would be nice if you told us if they were good or not :D

Just got a 5900 XT from XFX and I intend to try them out with it.
I'll let you know when I have some results.

Unfortunately I can't share the actual driver though due to a promise.

From the little documentation I have of this set it doesn't seem to be the regular "automagical 25 % speed increase and new features" drivers that the Inq was implying
Rather just an ordinary set but with added compability for a few new boards

I'll post whatever the results are, hopefully tomorrow.

RobHague
02-10-04, 05:32 PM
I think everyone would like to know if they include any of the mentioned features ;)

Also, where you got them from. :D

AnteP
02-10-04, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by RobHague

Also, where you got them from. :D

In the spirit on The Inq I shall reply "from an anonymous source close to nVidia" ;)

Carfax
02-10-04, 05:49 PM
Damn, I hope you just have the beta rather than the final release because we all want a 20% increase in SOMETHING :)

Nvidia is doing well with betas of late though, and the 53.06s are VERY good in my opinion.