PDA

View Full Version : Punkbuster Update for Forceware Issues

Deathlike2
02-10-04, 10:33 AM
http://www.punksbusted.com/

* contains a temporary workaround for the lockup conflict with nVidia v5x.xx forceware drivers until nVidia corrects their backwards compatibility issues - the workaround may or may not solve the lockup problem for individual users depending on hardware combinations

From the horse's mouth.

I like the use of this statement..

"until nVidia corrects their backwards compatibility issues"

:D

In any case, this should be some sort of news post because this issue annoyed the hell outta me.

Smokey
02-11-04, 07:31 AM
Dont exactly what the problem is, but Ive recently been having a problem from time to time in RavenShield, sometimes when a new map is loading, my game just locks up and I cant close it from task manager, I have to hard reboot. Is this the sort of problem, or is this possibly game relaited rather than PB?

saturnotaku
02-11-04, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
Dont exactly what the problem is, but Ive recently been having a problem from time to time in RavenShield, sometimes when a new map is loading, my game just locks up and I cant close it from task manager, I have to hard reboot. Is this the sort of problem, or is this possibly game relaited rather than PB?

It is PB related because those are the exact symptoms people with this issue are having. Although it appears your problem is sporatic whereas the reports I've read have had people's systems locking up each and every time they try to enter a PB protected game.

What I don't understand is how the video driver is interacting with a piece of software that isn't exactly video related. :confused:

MTitus
02-11-04, 09:11 AM
Maybe its something to do with wall hacking or something thus the need to interrogate the video?

Who knows, I personally had a problem in RvS when I seem get disconnected from the server and still can run around the map shootin but nothing registering. Asking if other ppl have frozen they say no and I am still there but gfx give me entirely different picture.

Mind you, hasnt happend for a while 1.53 patched RvS.