PDA

View Full Version : No DVI Output?

Fozzieb
02-12-04, 09:39 AM
Hi there, I have a PNY 5700 Ultra card with a Hitachi CML 190SXWB TFT Monitor.

I am using the digital cable to connect the monitor to the card.

When setting up the monitor using it's OSD settings I select Digital input, and press the button to activate it, The screen goes blank for a while it comes up saying no signal and then goes back to analog input.

Does this meen it is not getting a digital signal from the card?

Can anyone help or advise me.

Thanks in advance
Steven Powell

roninpc
02-12-04, 10:26 AM
so you have both your DB-15 and DVI cables plugged in? have you tried just plugging in your DVI cable?

saturnotaku
02-12-04, 11:15 AM
If you have the DVI cable plugged into the card (the white connector), it will use a digital signal regardless of what your monitor says. Just make sure you don't have both connectors plugged in. That's bad. ;)

Fozzieb
02-12-04, 12:03 PM
I only have digital cable plugged in, just odd that the monitor says it is an analog signal.

cheers

roninpc
02-14-04, 10:37 AM
I also have a Hitachi TFT and it only goes to the ANALOG signal when I have the analog cable plugged in. I am not trying to make you sound dumb or anything but the blue cable is the analog and the white cable is the digital. so you have the white cable plugged into the DVI output of your video card and into the DVI input on your TFT? no connectors on the cables?

just a side note: I have had both my DB-15 and DVI cables plugged in from the same video card to the same TFT and switched back and forth to try to tell the difference. no bad effects from that.

Solomon
02-15-04, 03:44 PM
One thing to keep in mind when toying with the digital settings on the monitor. You should wait until you are in your desktop of your operating system. When I used the Hitachi TFT monitor. I would get sometimes a black screen and the button being orange until the Windows login showed up. Then the monitor would turn on.

Are you just plugging your monitor to your DVI connection of your video card without being boot up? Make sure you connect then boot up then you should toy around with the features. ;-)

Regards,
Dan Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Fozzieb
02-16-04, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the replies guys,

I am only using the digital cable the analog one is in the box. I have 4 systems here 3 off them have dell 17" TFT's that work well on Digital.

I am waiting for system to boot into XP before i try set anything.

I might try plugging in both cables to see if i can switch between them

Cheers