PDA

View Full Version : MSI K8T Neo vs Asus K8V deluxe

Jon
02-13-04, 09:34 AM
I need my new mobo now... so doubt I have time to wait for the nforce 3 250's to arrive and drop in price. I would be interested in opinions from anyone who owns either board about its good and bad points.

Also, I've just realised I need to be moved to the Motherboards/Processor board...sorry.

Dazz
02-13-04, 01:31 PM
The nForce3 250 shouldn't be much longer if i recall samples have been sent out. Should be out in a months time.

MUYA
02-14-04, 04:42 AM
I think Saz has a MSI ViaK8t800 mobo and all he does is praise it. Seems most reviewers agree with him too. But, since nForce3 250 solutions are going to appear as well as the new Via chipset soon. Performance between chipsets are mostly similar because of the fact that the memory controller has been dumped onto the CPU itself. So i expect all chipsets to perform within each other.

Maybe you should wait before taking the plunge. I do not know if any AMD mobo makers will offer a solution with AGP and PCI Express. I hope so because it gives the option for one or the other as a graphics port to update in the future. I personally am waiting for that...and a 4000+ K8 :D

saturnotaku
02-14-04, 08:05 AM
I would hold out for a few more weeks and get a board with a Socket 939 layout. That way you won't have to purchase registered memory in addition to the board and processor.

Viral
02-14-04, 08:16 AM
Um, A64's on S754 don't require registered memory. Only S940 processors do, these being the Opteron range, and the Athlon 64 FX-51.

S939's main performance benefit will be unbuffered DC DDR400 yes. It will be for both future FX's and A64's. Over the old FX's it will provide unbuffered memory capability, and over current A64's it will provide DC memory.

FastM
02-19-04, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Viral
Um, A64's on S754 don't require registered memory. Only S940 processors do, these being the Opteron range, and the Athlon 64 FX-51.

S939's main performance benefit will be unbuffered DC DDR400 yes. It will be for both future FX's and A64's. Over the old FX's it will provide unbuffered memory capability, and over current A64's it will provide DC memory.

And DC is hardly worth it compared to the price of the 939/940 processers. I like many decided to wait for 939 but in the end your going to be paying at least 500-600$ for a processer so why bother when the no DC 754 A64's are so close speed wise.

I was about to buy a 3200+ / MSI board combo with week but i think i can hold out until the new VIA and nForce chipsets come out.

Sazar
02-20-04, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by MUYA
I think Saz has a MSI ViaK8t800 mobo and all he does is praise it. Seems most reviewers agree with him too. But, since nForce3 250 solutions are going to appear as well as the new Via chipset soon. Performance between chipsets are mostly similar because of the fact that the memory controller has been dumped onto the CPU itself. So i expect all chipsets to perform within each other.

Maybe you should wait before taking the plunge. I do not know if any AMD mobo makers will offer a solution with AGP and PCI Express. I hope so because it gives the option for one or the other as a graphics port to update in the future. I personally am waiting for that...and a 4000+ K8 :D

well yah... I like it... I like it a lot :D

:cool: