PDA

View Full Version : Audigy2 ZS Platinum

UDawg
02-14-04, 01:26 AM
I absolutely love this product. From the moment I popped this into my puter I could not believe the quality of the sound it put out. I use Zalman 5.1 headphones and it makes the surround sound effect complete and believable.

I am one satisfied customer. :thumbsup: Good work CL. This makes up for the Geforce you guys put out with the faulty memory modules. :mad: I RMAd' 3 of those puppies. Any way here is a pic of the I/O panel in my case.

Newegg has them for $167.00 with $5.00 2nd day air shipping. (http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=29-102-163&catalog=57&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0) This is a fantastic deal for this nice of a audio card.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=272329

...and Digi wanted me to paint my case....:udawg:

saturnotaku
02-14-04, 07:37 AM
Ain't the ZS a great card? :D

I have the regular (no need for a breakout box) and I love it. Since I don't have any digial audio, this card kicks the snot out of Soundstorm.

Congrats and enjoy!

Skuzzy
02-14-04, 09:21 AM
Yep, great product. I love the front panel. Just having the ease to plug in my headset/mic and having gain ccntrols right there at your fingertips is awesome.
I'll never by another sound card without that front panel.

UDawg
02-14-04, 12:03 PM
The optical I/O is very nice to hook it up to my stereo. AHHHH now I can have real sound instead of puter speaker sound. My Boston Accustic home speakers blow away any puter set up.

sxotty
02-14-04, 12:53 PM
This last statement is why people were talking about using the audigy with soundstorm, they hooked up the digital out of the soundstorm through the pass thru on the audigy, then they could use the high quality audio outputs of the audigy for their headphones/microphone and other stuff like that, and the dolby digital of the soundstorm...

I thnk I may actually try this soon as whenever I use headphones and a mic things are not so peachy with soundstorm as they were with my gametheaterXP.

freak77power
02-16-04, 09:29 AM
Should I replace my Audigy 2 Gamer with Audigy 2 ZS Platinum?
What do you think?

sytaylor
02-16-04, 09:32 AM
This thread pops up every couple of weeks or so, after another regular adaopts the ZS revolution :cool2:

Awesome card

Reaper106
02-16-04, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I upgraded from the Audigy 2 Plat to the Audigy 2 ZS Plat internal.
Great sound,couldnt belive the differance. Plus I love the Live Drive for pluging in my Guitar. Sound's great with the ZS+ Klipsch 5.1's.:firedevil

UDawg
02-16-04, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by freak77power
Should I replace my Audigy 2 Gamer with Audigy 2 ZS Platinum?
What do you think?

I'm not sure. Would you use the front panel? The biggest advantage is the DTS that non ZS Audigies don't have. DTS r0x0rs.

I love running the bitstream from my proscan DVD to the front panel to get 5.1 in my headphones. Since I am in an apartment this is a great way to watch DTS 5.1 when watching movies by my self.

freak77power
02-16-04, 12:15 PM
I would use front panel, and the box comes with two full game titles.

I thought 167$ is a good deal? It can be find on www.newegg.com

UDawg
02-16-04, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by freak77power
I would use front panel, and the box comes with two full game titles.

I thought 167$ is a good deal? It can be find on www.newegg.com

Ya, that is where I got mine. The linkypoo is in the first post. ;) It is a great deal and I would get it if you are remotely thinking of using it. Besides it looks cool, my case pic is proof. :D

stncttr908
02-16-04, 02:44 PM
That's it, I'm ordering one. :afro:

EDIT: Just got an Audigy 2 ZS *RETAIL* for $88 w/free 2-day UPS. :nana:

monkeydust
02-16-04, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Reaper106
Plus I love the Live Drive for pluging in my Guitar.
Heh, I was going to post in here asking if somebody had done this.

How does this work out for you? Details please! :D

I have my sound card output split to have a line going into my amplifier in the other room and was wondering how this would sound. (I actually have my computer sound going to eleven speakers througout my house)

UDawg
02-16-04, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by monkeydust
Heh, I was going to post in here asking if somebody had done this.

How does this work out for you? Details please! :D

I have my sound card output split to have a line going into my amplifier in the other room and was wondering how this would sound. (I actually have my computer sound going to eleven speakers througout my house)

If you use the bitstream it is sweet! Of course if you amp doesn't have bitstream then it is RCA jack time either way it is the best set up I know of when using the puter as the controler. Still a console set up is by far the best.

UDawg
02-16-04, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by stncttr908
That's it, I'm ordering one. :afro:

EDIT: Just got an Audigy 2 ZS *RETAIL* for $88 w/free 2-day UPS. :nana:

You will love it. It is the exact same card as the platinum edition. Kudos for making a wise decision Grasshopper. :p