PDA

View Full Version : Geforce 5200 and S-video flickering

danortiz
02-18-04, 03:05 PM
Well, I'm very happy with my GeForce 5200 card, but for some reason I can't get it to match the refresh rate of my TV, I checked the nvidia properties and the refresh rate for the TV out is set to 60Mhz (actually is grayed out on 60Mhz)

I looked everywhere on the settings but haven't found what's the problem. I'm new on this, so I could guess it has anything to be with the Macrovision protection, or even the video interlace, but I don't really have a clue of what could be causing this problem.

Oh yeah, the flickering is horizontal (don't know if this should matter) and this are the specs of my video card:

GeForce 5200 FX 256Mb DDR2 with VGA/DVI/S-Video out (just using VGA and S-video) and I'm using the s-video cable that came with my video card.

Hope anyone of you can help me out.

Thanks,

Daniel

stncttr908
02-18-04, 07:16 PM
A television doesn't even refresh at 60hz. I think this might only be applicable for HDTV's, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

danortiz
02-18-04, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your reply.

The 60Hz option is the only one available on the settings, that's why I asumed it was the refresh rate for my TV.

About the flickering, I just found an option to adjust it, but I still have the annoying problem with the refresh rate of my TV, it's just like when you are watching a video and there are lines going from bottom to top of your TV, I tryed with another s-video cable which is a lot better than the one that came with my video card, but still have the same problem.