PDA

View Full Version : 5700u Dvi

atlas
02-22-04, 08:04 PM
Hi I am experiencing a problem with a new XFX 5700U dual DVI. It seems the DVI output from the port furthest the motherboard is degraded. I can select and obtain 1600x1200 32bpp from both ports (I am running dual monitors) at the same time. The problem is that the colors are all wrong on the one monitor. The blue titlebar of a Windows window looks like a rainbow spectrum with alternating pink,yellow, and green pastels, some of them shimmering. I would say the card is bad, but this is the second one displaying the exact same problem. I have e-mailed XFX, but there is no response. Any hints?

-CB

Jak Crow
02-23-04, 04:59 AM
Good. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has experienced this. I have gone thru two of these cards and the second DVI output on both of had lousy displays. It made it look like there were thousands of bad pixels on the LCD, and colours were banding really badly. Different cables and another LCD monitor showed the same problem. XFX tech support seemed to indicate there's a known problem with the card, but the tech I got on the phone at the time was pretty clueless. It would appear there is a defect in the card design itself.

atlas
02-23-04, 05:45 PM
I have almost run out of patience. They have not answered my e-mail queries. Axiontech, where I purchased this card from, was nice enough to RMA it once. I don't want to hassle them again. Thing is, this is the only card I can find with dual DVI on a 5700. There must be something we can do.

-CB

atlas
02-23-04, 05:47 PM
I might add that the poor output was coming out of the port closest to the motherboard in the first one. Also, the colors are fine when running that monitor at 1024x768.

-CB

Jak Crow
02-23-04, 08:59 PM
I think the second output can't handle anything over 1280x1024, and XFX isn't talking.

atlas
03-09-04, 02:29 PM
Hmmmm, two weeks since last e-mail. Worst company I have ever dealt with.

atlas