PDA

View Full Version : Doom III will be out in 50 days!


demonized
02-25-04, 08:30 PM
According to gamespot Doom III will be out on april 15.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/doom3/news_6090101.html

Malfunction
02-25-04, 09:05 PM
When I went to get my boys MX Unleashed last week, I noticed the guy making Far Cry display boxes. I asked if they had it and he said soon. Told him I was looking foward to Doom 3 and lied about looking foward to HL2, then he told me they are really pushing for April on HL2 and Doom 3 for Sept. I think he may have been confused when he told me, though I think it is the opposite of what he said and if it turns out as so, I will just have to take whatever he says next time and think the opposite...lol. :D

This was last Friday when he told me... could happen after all it appears. :thumbsup:

Peace,

:afro:

sxotty
02-25-04, 10:16 PM
Don't get excited till id says something about when it will be released, then get excited otherwise it will be another letdown

|JuiceZ|
02-25-04, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by sxotty
Don't get excited till id says something about when it will be released, then get excited otherwise it will be another letdown

exactly. We've been down this road way too many times. Normally only believe what you hear from the dev's (ID Software) or publisher. Too bad this wasn't the case w/ another company *cough* Valve *cough* :rolleyes:

demonized
02-26-04, 12:36 AM
hmm. gamespot took down the page and also the link to the article from the front page. There's something fishy going on here. They said the info came directly from activision which is the publisher.

DMA
02-26-04, 12:50 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/docs/CP/1/banner_doom3.jpg

I saw that NV have added this banner on the front page, so who knows, somethings up maybe? :D


Since it was delayed last July, Doom 3 has not had an official release date other than "Early 2004." However, online retailers have been listing the game with speculative ship dates, usually in April.
That changed today, when GameSpot learned that Activision may be planning to ship the PC Doom 3 on April 15. While the date has not been announced yet, a source from within Activision's managerial caste told GameSpot the date was "official." The source also said the Xbox version of the game has not yet received a firm release date. GameSpot is actively seeking follow-up confirmation on the date, and will post updates on any developments.

theultimo
02-26-04, 10:46 AM
Hmm....this has to compete with UT2k4 and Painkiller? :)

demonized
02-26-04, 11:09 AM
I dont think those are good enough to compete with the game. UT2k4 will be just like ut2k3 except with vehicles. Painkiller, not too much impressed with the game except for the nice graphics.

p0lish_p0w3r
02-26-04, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Malfunction
When I went to get my boys MX Unleashed last week, I noticed the guy making Far Cry display boxes. I asked if they had it and he said soon. Told him I was looking foward to Doom 3 and lied about looking foward to HL2, then he told me they are really pushing for April on HL2 and Doom 3 for Sept. I think he may have been confused when he told me, though I think it is the opposite of what he said and if it turns out as so, I will just have to take whatever he says next time and think the opposite...lol. :D

This was last Friday when he told me... could happen after all it appears. :thumbsup:

Peace,

:afro:

Why would a guy at a vide game store know more than you? With that thing called internet, news spread in minutes....what he said is hardly news at all....he probably read it off some games forum :)

Athena
03-02-04, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by demonized
I dont think those are good enough to compete with the game. UT2k4 will be just like ut2k3 except with vehicles. Painkiller, not too much impressed with the game except for the nice graphics.

Doom3 is not the same game as UT2004. And after playing the 2004 demo I can say it is not 2003 w/ vehicles. It is more like the original UT w/ vehicles.
But if I had to choose one game to buy right now it would be UT2004 as it will have more game play!! I could be wrong but I have yet to see a game made by ID w/ a good or even decent story line.
Here is hoping they do deliver the total package w/ Doom3!!!! :afro2:

MUYA
03-02-04, 10:45 AM
I want Doom III just to oooh ahhh purdy bump mapping and shadows! :D UT2k4 ...gonna want it as i love, abso love onslaught with tanks!

DaveW
03-02-04, 10:53 AM
Apparently the April 15th release date was just a rumor and "far from the mark" according to "official sources"

|JuiceZ|
03-02-04, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Athena
Doom3 is not the same game as UT2004. And after playing the 2004 demo I can say it is not 2003 w/ vehicles. It is more like the original UT w/ vehicles.
But if I had to choose one game to buy right now it would be UT2004 as it will have more game play!! I could be wrong but I have yet to see a game made by ID w/ a good or even decent story line.
Here is hoping they do deliver the total package w/ Doom3!!!! :afro2:

Thanks, thought I would have to defend my fanchise there :p

Hope D3 delivers on content & not just another pretty face. I personally can't wait for other devs to start using the engine. Do you realize how many great games have come out using Carmack's & Tim Sweeney's engines? Its only going to get better since we've got several other players in the field, Fry Cry, Stalker & hopefully within the next decade HL2.

Speaking of HL2, its funny but I kinda sense the same feeling w/ it now that happened to D3 back when HL2 was first hyped. ppl are tired of hearing about it & just want it released.

btw, just bought my pre-order DVD vers of UT2004 :D Still $39.99 @ EB.

B&R
03-02-04, 04:55 PM
I just give up waiting for doom3..i'll play it whenever the hell it comes out.

GlowStick
03-02-04, 04:57 PM
I really feel that Doom3 is comming soon, its been in development so long, and the preorder boxes.... its gotta be out soon!

MUYA
03-02-04, 09:01 PM
till Domm III comes out , we can have UT2k4 on march 16th! :D

DaveW
03-03-04, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
I really feel that Doom3 is comming soon, its been in development so long, and the preorder boxes.... its gotta be out soon!

Yeah I still have a coupon for "free copy of Doom 3" that came with my TNT2 Ultra.

DMA
03-03-04, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by MUYA
till Domm III comes out , we can have UT2k4 on march 16th! :D

Gonna be a hard fight though, UT2004 vs BF:Vietnam.
Think i'll buy both. :)

As for Doom III. I think it's gonna a nice and scary gaming experience. Diapers on before start playing?

|JuiceZ|
03-03-04, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DaveW
Yeah I still have a coupon for "free copy of Doom 3" that came with my TNT2 Ultra.

LOL!

GlowStick
03-03-04, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DaveW
Yeah I still have a coupon for "free copy of Doom 3" that came with my TNT2 Ultra. Zing! Nice one!

Riff
03-03-04, 11:51 PM
I think it is a prank. Of course Doom is released on April 15th. Its the last day to file your income tax forms!

Cycloon
03-04-04, 07:43 AM
Welcome to id Software's Finger Service V1.5!

Name: Todd Hollenshead
Email:
Description: CEO
Project:
Last Updated: 03/03/2004 15:58:00 (Central Standard Time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
03-01-2004

Just a reminder to everyone that the official release date for DOOM 3 is "when it's done".
If you hear a release date from _anyone_ outside of id, then you should presume it to be false.
There have been some rumors floating around about this already, and I expect there will be more
between now and the time that you first see someone from id update a .plan file with the news
that the game has been finished. Don't believe them.


ARRRGHHHH NOOOOOOOO.....

so a no go on 15april....

Nutty
03-04-04, 12:21 PM
Heh, hes just trying to throw ppl off the scent!

GlowStick
03-04-04, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Nutty
Heh, hes just trying to throw ppl off the scent! Seconded!