PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 on GF4

DaveW
10-04-02, 12:35 PM
http://www.ausgamers.com/?agn=features&id=830152

This time Id ran the demo on a GF4 instead of the Radeon 9700 and using a 2 ghz P4.

nin_fragile14
10-04-02, 05:09 PM
Good to know. My setup should be able to handle it just fine. I bet Mafia runs worse than Doom 3 ever will.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-08-02, 11:06 PM
I clicked on the link and went to AusGamers but nothing.:confused:

StealthHawk
10-09-02, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by |TX|-LORD-EX-BU
I clicked on the link and went to AusGamers but nothing.:confused:
it was there when the thread was made :confused:

anyway, i read it myself, and that's what they said. of course i don't remember them mentioning anything about speed or resolution

MajBlunder
10-10-02, 08:55 AM
Hiyas,
Was over at warp2search.net yesterday and they had posted an interview concerning Doom III. Heres the link to the interview.
http://www.gaminginvasion.com/index.php?article=68

On the second page of the interview it says,

What attempts are being made to allow Doom III to play on the mid and lower end computers?
The Platform for Doom III will be Geforce 3 and above cards but you can play it on a Geforce 1 but you will have to turn a lot of the visuals off to play. We are hoping that in the future we will be having good penetration on all the cards.

So it looks like just about any1 will be able to play it, just wont be able to see all the special effects that higher end video cards will be able to render.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-11-02, 01:10 AM
So my system will be able to play this 30+ FPS without stuttering?

thcdru2k
10-11-02, 01:14 AM
my guess is yes, your system is pretty top of the line, if they're making doom 3 aiming for specs that people don't even have right now, that wouldn't sell too many copies..i bet you'd can run 30fps with alot of eye candy, just not with fsaa / af / max textures and such. plus, if its gonna work with geforce1, i'm assumign they mean playable framerates.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-11-02, 01:17 AM
Yeah, I am planning on replacing the GF4 with a NV30 in december anyways. So it should be all good, any estimate on when this game should be out? Because I am kinda hoping I'll be able to play it before summer of next year, cuz if I don't, I'll have to wait until I come back in summer of 2005 to see it, and by then, my comp and everything else will be uber-ancient. LOL, I just made this computer too, in a few months I won't be able to use it, haha. Great investment.:D

thcdru2k
10-11-02, 01:22 AM
heh. just give it away to someone..or sell it before you go. amazon is saying march 31, 2003, but amazon isn't always reliable on their dates. but i'd say march 31...add 3-6 months to that to be conservative.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-11-02, 01:25 AM
dang, it looks like summer 2005 for me then.:D

thcdru2k
10-11-02, 01:30 AM
ehh summer 2005..i'm thinking quake 4 by than.

LORD-eX-Bu
10-11-02, 01:32 AM
Yup. oh well, it isn't that long of a wait. And I won't be waiting, I'll be out doing stuff.:D

StealthHawk
10-11-02, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by thcdru2k
my guess is yes, your system is pretty top of the line, if they're making doom 3 aiming for specs that people don't even have right now, that wouldn't sell too many copies..i bet you'd can run 30fps with alot of eye candy, just not with fsaa / af / max textures and such. plus, if its gonna work with geforce1, i'm assumign they mean playable framerates.

hey, epic says that UT2003 is "playable" with a TNT2/Voodoo3. so the guarantee of playable doesn't really mean much