PDA

View Full Version : WHQL 56.56 available for WinXP at eVGA!

Pages : [1] 2

RajunCajun
02-26-04, 09:45 PM
While checking eVGA's site, found these drivers available. Downloaded them for my eVGA FX5900SE, but haven't installed them yet. Will wait until reading more input from users.

Enjoy!

http://www.evga.com/support/downloads/default.asp (http://www.evga.com/support/downloads/default.asp )

Dennis

MUYA
02-26-04, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the link dude! ;)

Naffer
02-26-04, 11:14 PM
Any word on what kind of clock speeds the auto-overclocking feature uses?

DSC
02-26-04, 11:55 PM
These drivers are exactly the same as 56.56 Betas that were leaked, filesizes are exactly the same. Only that is has WHQL certification now. But the inf doesn't support TNT/TNT2/Vanta and FX5100 cards for some reason, where as the inf from the leaked drivers do support them.

RajunCajun
02-26-04, 11:57 PM
I don't know what the overclocking capability of these new drivers are since I'm holding off installing, but I've had strange auto-overclocking results using 53.03 and coolbits.

Default is 400 core/700 mem. My 5900SE DOES have gpu temp sensor on it and normally runs around 44-46 deg at idle. I suppose the reason was that I purchased it from newegg.com 2 weeks before Christmas. My understanding is that all late models DO NOT have the sensor on it. Anyway, auto-detect would only give me about 405/710 after many attempts. Trying to go any higher would give me results saying card cannot run any higher.

After reading several forums I downloaded the latest RivaTuner from Guru.3D and installed it. I reset to default speeds using coolbits, and then went into RivaTuner. My initial attempt gave me 425/725 completely stable playing UT2004 Demo, Far Cry, 3DMark, etc. Temp only went up to around 60 after playing the games heavily. I'm confident the card could go much higher, but since the speed increase is hardly nothing, I'll stay with these settings for now. Maybe later will keep bumping it up till something hits the ceiling.

Strange thing is, sometimes the overclock settings in RivaTuner will reset back to default after a couple of days worth of restarting. I just adjust settings back to 425/725. I've read of this happening with coolbits, but not RivaTuner! Will have to keep my eyes open to see if other people are having same kind of quirk.

Will advise the max I can hit when I get around to toying with it.

FYI, my system is a Dell P4 2.4ghz/533 bus with 512mb PC2100.

OWA
02-27-04, 12:40 AM
Strange thing is, sometimes the overclock settings in RivaTuner will reset back to default after a couple of days worth of restarting. I just adjust settings back to 425/725. I've read of this happening with coolbits, but not RivaTuner! Will have to keep my eyes open to see if other people are having same kind of quirk.
They both do it. There is a work-around that fixes this though. See below.

From skypx:

This may seem weird but please try it, I did and it worked. Go to the 3d tab and set it to the speeds you want. Hit apply. Now go to the 2d tab, you will notice the memory setting are the same as the 3d tab. Put the memory settings back to default. Hit apply. Now go back to the 3d tab and set it how you want it. Hit apply. I did this just playing around the other day, and after several restarts, the memory settings did not revert to default.

skypx
02-27-04, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by OWA
They both do it. There is a work-around that fixes this though. See below.

From skypx:

This may seem weird but please try it, I did and it worked. Go to the 3d tab and set it to the speeds you want. Hit apply. Now go to the 2d tab, you will notice the memory setting are the same as the 3d tab. Put the memory settings back to default. Hit apply. Now go back to the 3d tab and set it how you want it. Hit apply. I did this just playing around the other day, and after several restarts, the memory settings did not revert to default.

Cool!! :D I have never been quoted before. Maybe I actually know what I'm talking about. :D

Serious Tom
02-27-04, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by skypx
Cool!! :D I have never been quoted before. Maybe I actually know what I'm talking about. :D
:D
It must be your lucky day !

skypx
02-27-04, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Serious Tom
:D
It must be your lucky day !

Yea you’re right. Let me go ask the boss for a raise!!:D

OWA
02-27-04, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by skypx
Figuring it out and then sharing it is greatly appreciated (so you deserve it). :)

Nutty
02-27-04, 05:05 PM
These the same ones as on Guru3d.com ? Guru say they have a massive performance drop in UT2K4, which NV is looking into, and will release a fixed version on 1st of March.

skypx
02-27-04, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by OWA
Figuring it out and then sharing it is greatly appreciated (so you deserve it). :)

Thanks. :)

Mullins1060
02-27-04, 05:48 PM
im gonna hold off installing these as i dont want me ut2k4 performance to drop. but do they work on other brand cards other than eVGA

NvViolator
02-27-04, 06:37 PM
These the same ones as on Guru3d.com ? Guru say they have a massive performance drop in UT2K4, which NV is looking into, and will release a fixed version on 1st of March

Ive been using both the guru3d and evga drivers and they work fine on my leadtek 5900 ultra, and i havent notice any performance drop in ut2004 at all, frame rates are the same as the 56.55 set.:)

skypx
02-27-04, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by NvViolator
Ive been using both the guru3d and evga drivers and they work fine on my leadtek 5900 ultra, and i havent notice any performance drop in ut2004 at all, frame rates are the same as the 56.55 set.:)

I was going to say the same thing. I'm using a 5950u and I have not noticed any performance drop in the UT2004 demo. Then again I'm not using any AA or Af.

NvViolator
02-27-04, 06:52 PM
I was going to say the same thing. I'm using a 5950u and I have not noticed any performance drop in the UT2004 demo. Then again I'm not using any AA or Af.

I play with 8xAF and 2XAA and there no diif at all in ut2004, also last night i loaded 52.16 drivers and ran 3dmark2001 and the difference in IQ is huge, the 56.56 drivers are much better, i guss thats why my score has dropped so much between the two driver sets, i read today that nvidia have declaired that these 56.56 drivers are completely clean with no cheats and optimisations.

NVUserUK
02-27-04, 06:56 PM
Just as long as we DO get these drivers on Monday. Feels like i have been waiting an lifetime for the next official release. Cant wait :)

OWA
02-27-04, 07:54 PM
Yeah, no problem here either. I haven't noticed any framerate performance problems in UT2004 with either the 56.55s or the 56.56s. I've only been playing the DM though. My settings are maxed and using 1280x1024 it seems fine. UT2003 had problems on some maps so maybe it's an issue with one of the maps I haven't tried.

Crippler
02-28-04, 04:29 AM
On my leadtek Ti4600 on Battlefield im getting Reboots and Black Screens of Deaths. :mad:

Rolled back to 53.03, all working ok.

Grechie
02-28-04, 08:46 AM
hey people, i dont know if i heard right so please correct me if im wrong but is it true that nvidia are releasing 56.56 to every card manufacturer and they have to make there own version of it?? as in nvidia wont releasse official 56.56 they will give it to alll manufacturers to make there copy of it ?

thanks

MiK

RoachMojo
02-28-04, 04:42 PM
These drivers still have the whiteout texture problem with Tribes 2.

At least the fps is back up, though.

Blacklash
02-28-04, 08:45 PM
I was stoked when I tried these on painkiller, they did very well. Then I fired up Far cry and AA would not apply, and if I tried to force it, it would completely corrupt.

So back to the old 53.04's for me, fixed AA right away.

Spotch
02-29-04, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Nutty
These the same ones as on Guru3d.com ? Guru say they have a massive performance drop in UT2K4, which NV is looking into, and will release a fixed version on 1st of March.

They forgot to disable Trilinear and crank down the mipmap level in this release so the framerate is way down.

:angel2:

Naffer
02-29-04, 11:34 AM
Anyone notice that the auto overclocking option seems to really crank up the clock speed? When I enable it, every once in a while I'll get those pauses that come when you've overclocked your core too high. That means that it's trying for over 500mhz on my 5900u.

Burnt_Ram
02-29-04, 11:37 AM
auto overclock = skip

bad tool