PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA System Util

pantner
02-26-04, 10:18 PM
Ok, i didn't know where to put this, as there is not forums on NVIDIA motherboard drivers.....

I just downloaded the NVIDIA System Util programs thingy, i run a Mercury KNU400X-L which has the Nforce2 ultra chipset....

I am running Windows 2003 Advanced Server...

When i try to run it, it comes up with a error message...

"Error:Unable to load nvoclk64.sys!"

do i need to download something else to get it to work???

Bubba
02-27-04, 08:50 AM
It could be many things preventing the app from running. Firstly, I'd make sure you are using the latest BIOS for your mobo. When the Nvidia sys util came out, it largely required a BIOS update to work poperly with many mobos. If that doesn't do the trick, try downloading the app again and re-running the install properly (minimal services).

I have not heard lately of there being any strong support for this util, though.

Keep in mind that it may just not be able to work with your setup.

good luck.

stncttr908
02-27-04, 09:05 AM
http://download.com.com/3000-2086-10238698.html?tag=lst-0-1

I don't know if this is any indication, but it doesn't list Windows 2003 server as a supported OS. Nvidia's site didn't turn up anything.

pantner
02-28-04, 01:37 AM
There is not BIOS update for this motherboard (i think its about 3 months old...)

Plus i have the exact same motherboard at home (this is hte server comp at my work) and use WinME and it works fine....

And Win 2003 is based on Win XP, so anything that workd in XP should work in 2003....

stncttr908
02-28-04, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by pantner
There is not BIOS update for this motherboard (i think its about 3 months old...)

Plus i have the exact same motherboard at home (this is hte server comp at my work) and use WinME and it works fine....

And Win 2003 is based on Win XP, so anything that workd in XP should work in 2003.... At this point your best bet would probably be to check out www.nforcershq.com and see if you can find anything out from them.