PDA

View Full Version : ASrock SIS755 motherboard!!! sweet!

Gator
02-27-04, 01:58 PM
http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asrock/k8s8x/k8s8x-1.htm

At last, an SIS755 motherboard for the Athlon64 besides the ECS board! And for those of you who don't know, ASrock is actually the budget line by Asus which is a quality motherboard maker. Well... I certainly know what I want for Christmas! lol

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asrock/k8s8x/Picture%20087%20copy.jpg

Dazz
02-27-04, 02:52 PM
Yeah they also lack overclocking options, in this case voltage for ANYTHING. On the plus side the community might add them their selves like with ECS :) I noticed it was a nice blue colour which would go well with thir high end NV video cards :) I hate clashing colours :D

Malfunction
02-27-04, 03:01 PM
When the hell is someone gonna offer the SiS755 chipset with excellent O/C options? This is almost tragic as long as this chipset has been out. :(

Why haven't others picked up on the demand yet?

Peace,

:afro:

Dazz
02-27-04, 03:41 PM
It still alows upto 300MHz FSB. just hope it has multiplire adjustments :o

{Sniping}Waste
02-27-04, 04:51 PM
It wont be long before some one finds a way to vmod it. I have a ECS mobo based on the sis 746 and there are many vmods that can be done to it, vcore mod, chipset vmod, and vdmod. If I had better ram (samsung 2700) I could hit a better OC. 1800+ at 2.4 now.

PsychoSy
02-28-04, 12:28 AM
Correction - ASRock is a joint venture between ECS and Asus! :)

The layout isn't much different from the ECS board but performs just as good, tho. My main concern is the DIMM slot and floppy port placement. Ick. Ick. Ick!! :(

pantner
02-28-04, 03:10 AM
yeah the RAM is in a really bad spot if you have a long CD/DVD drive...
but the floppy is not too bad, just put the cable under the M/B unless you have one with lights in it (like me!!)...its not like you're gonna short something out!!!

PsychoSy
02-28-04, 09:04 AM
Large heatsinks won't fit either without a shoehorn ... ;)

I'm not into that lighttube craze one bit. I was up a trade show last week and saw plenty of computers on display with a clear case window with all the pretty lights dancing from the tubes within. Looked cool, don't get me wrong. But, out of morbid curiosity, I put my hand behind the case a few inches away from the PSU and system exhaust fan below it - there's was enough heat coming out of that case to qualify it as a blast furnace. ;)

Most people try to get rid of excess case heat, not add more! :p

Them lighttubes at least give off 15-20 watts ... :eek:

Nephilim
02-28-04, 09:21 AM
It's like they have never heard of cold cathodes or electro-luminescent tape.

Sazar
02-28-04, 02:52 PM
not a big fan of the board layout :(

the dimm slots are in the hottest part of the board...

but.. otherwise looks good :D

as far as fsb.. my board goes to 280.. but then again am I capable of going that high?

perhaps but I need to switch out my passive northbridge heatsink for an active one...

Dazz
02-28-04, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by PsychoSy
Correction - ASRock is a joint venture between ECS and Asus! :)

The layout isn't much different from the ECS board but performs just as good, tho. My main concern is the DIMM slot and floppy port placement. Ick. Ick. Ick!! :( Funny i though ASROCK is a sister company to ASUS to tackle ECS's market.

Viral
02-28-04, 10:46 PM
I'd like to ask what is wrong with the big guys not supporting this excellent chipset?

So far what we have seen makes it looks like it's just a cheap alternative like the intel SIS chipsets are. This is pathetic.. SIS had their chance, by the time we see something good the nforce2 250 will be out and no one will care. Thanks ASUS and everyone who decided not to support this great chipset in time, you are complete morons.:thumbsup:

Dazz
02-29-04, 07:33 AM
They are going for OEM's as such no overclocking options no point in wasting cash on R&D. They make 85% of their profit though OEM's then end users.

pantner
02-29-04, 08:13 AM

I'm not into that lighttube craze one bit. I was up a trade show last week and saw plenty of computers on display with a clear case window with all the pretty lights dancing from the tubes within. Looked cool, don't get me wrong. But, out of morbid curiosity, I put my hand behind the case a few inches away from the PSU and system exhaust fan below it - there's was enough heat coming out of that case to qualify it as a blast furnace. ;)

Them lighttubes at least give off 15-20 watts ... :eek:

i got a thurmaltake coolmod, and neon floppy cable and blue coldcathode ray tube (obviously i have a perspex case....) with 8 fans (including CPU, PSU....)

Dazz
02-29-04, 08:30 AM

Them lighttubes at least give off 15-20 watts ... :eek: I was once likie that now i have a window with LED fans, UV cables and just ordered LED light tubes which lasts far longer and produces far far less heat then the CCFL tubes :)

http://www.antec-inc.com/uk/pro_details_customization.php?ProdID=77108#

PsychoSy
02-29-04, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Dazz
Funny i though ASROCK is a sister company to ASUS to tackle ECS's market.

Yes and no. ECS sold one of their plants to Hua Ching, the AsusTek subsidiary operating under the ASRock brand. Also, a head hancho from within ECS (I believe his name is Lin Li) left his formal position to join AsusTek (yet he remains an active board member of both companies) So, to an extent, both companies do compete with each other, (mainly in China where ECS's "PC-Chips" subsidiary and ASRock playfully smack each other around) but neither company sees each other as a competitor. It seems ASROCK and ECS are more concerned with competing against MSI, Gigabyte, and Foxconn than each other.