PDA

View Full Version : SK8V & Powering Up...

RobHague
02-27-04, 05:11 PM
Just got an Asus SK8V and Opteron 146 to replace a 144 and Nforce3 (SK8N).

All seems well so far for the most (only had it up and running for about an hour mind you) except the main issue im having, which is when i turn the power supply on, the PSU powers up and the PC with it.

Turn the switch on the power supply off and back on, PC powers up like someone hit the power switch. If i leave it on it seems to turn on and off fine. I tried reseting the CMOS, this worked for one boot until i set the BIOS up and then it did it again.

I pulled everything out except for the PSU, MB and CPU/RAM and the damn thing still powers up on its own....

It's only part of my upgrade, i have a new graphics card on the way which im eagarly awaiting (FX 5950..yum) but why the hell is the mainboard doing this?? I have looked at all the connections. They all seem fine... i thought maybe the board was faulty or something but it seems unlikley that it would just power up and that was all.

The PSU is a good one btw, 450W Antec..... it was working perfect with the SK8N and 144 just yesterday.

Suggestions? Any SK8V users out there??

Im not a happy chappy, i just chucked down close to 400 for that little lot (not including the 5950 :o) . I was hoping for a better experience than the SK8N as all the reviews raved about the SK8V's performance for DualChannel CPU's like the FX & Opteron....

Dazz
02-27-04, 05:37 PM
You might want to try the fourms over here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/index.php?s= they have alot of Athlon64 users there.