PDA

View Full Version : XFX GeForce FX 5900XT for $159 at Newegg!

RajunCajun
02-27-04, 06:36 PM
I would've jump at this RIGHT NOW is I had not bought my eVGA FX5900SE before Christmas! Great Price --- Very good bundle --- no rebates to mess with --- free shipping too. The core runs at 390-400, but the memory runs at 800 stock!!! Check out the review from Nordichardware.com

And don't forget this is from Newegg!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-051&catalog=48&depa=0

Gator
02-29-04, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RajunCajun
I would've jump at this RIGHT NOW is I had not bought my eVGA FX5900SE before Christmas! Great Price --- Very good bundle --- no rebates to mess with --- free shipping too. The core runs at 390-400, but the memory runs at 800 stock!!! Check out the review from Nordichardware.com

And don't forget this is from Newegg!

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-150-051&catalog=48&depa=0

excellent price (although sold out now) but my only problem with it is I've heard bad things about XFX support. Apparently they are impossible to get on the phone :(

zoomy942
03-01-04, 09:22 AM
who neds to cal them when we've got this forum for problems?

how bout that 5900 xt vs a 9700pro?

Gator
03-01-04, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by zoomy942
who neds to cal them when we've got this forum for problems?

Well, I was thinking more if the card is DOA or worse still if it works for a few months and then dies, if the company isn't reputable then it could be a real pain getting an RMA. Thats why I like Visiontek & BFG - because you can actually contact them if the card dies

mariuz
03-01-04, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gator
Well, I was thinking more if the card is DOA or worse still if it works for a few months and then dies, if the company isn't reputable then it could be a real pain getting an RMA. Thats why I like Visiontek & BFG - because you can actually contact them if the card dies
what about galaxy ?
i have seend some cards around and also the review on nvnews :)

CoSWill
03-01-04, 06:51 PM
In the case of that XFX card you don't need to get in touch with XFX, if anything happens to it just RMA it back to Newegg.

I must've got one of the last ones, because right after I ordered it they went out of stock. When it comes in I'll let you know how it runs.

I have a 9700pro in my main rig, but I'm not expecting this card to be able to keep up with it. The 5900XT is going in my spare rig. It will be fun to see how well it does.