PDA

View Full Version : Multi display woes! Please help!!!

mandyy
02-28-04, 01:35 AM
Ok, I returned an ATI 64 Meg Radeon 7000 (dual analog display) for a GeForce Forsa 5200 Nvidia 128Meg - because I wanted a better and more powerful dual display. The ATI radeon worked awesome with the Hydravision, but I wanted more VRAM - so I upgraded...
Well, I have nothing but problems. First off, I had to purchase a DVI converter for Analog, but that is not a big deal. But when I plug in the other monitor, it recognizes it, but will not let me change the display settings to anything other than 640X480 for the second display. So picture this - I have one monitor on 1024X768 and the other at 640X480! I tried the wizard and it did not help. I tried unsuccessfully for about 1 hour fiddling with different setting and this did not help. I tried downloading the NEWEST drivers from Nvidia and they did not help! So, am I stuck going back to the ATI with my tail between my legs? How can I fix this so I can use DUAL monitors (I am spanning across two) with the same high resolution?!??!

Frustratingly yours,

Mandy

Clay
02-28-04, 02:26 AM
A few questions for you. So when you go into Windows "Display Properties" and then the "Settings" tab...

Do you see a "1" and "2" representing your two displays?

Is "2" ghosted or can you select it?

For "1" do you have the checkbox "Use this device as the primary monitor" checked?

Do you also have the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox checked?

Do you have the latest drivers (INF files) for your displays installed?

mandyy
02-28-04, 09:41 AM
To answer your questions :

>A few questions for you. So when you go into Windows "Display Properties" and then the "Settings" tab...
>Do you see a "1" and "2" representing your two displays?
>Is "2" ghosted or can you select it?

** I can select it and it is stuck at 640X480

>For "1" do you have the checkbox "Use this device as the primary monitor" checked?

** yes

>Do you also have the "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" checkbox checked?

** yes

>Do you have the latest drivers (INF files) for your displays installed?

Doing that right now....ok...
Awesome it worked! Thanks a bundle. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the frustration -- you are a big help. Thanks again.!!!

Clay
02-29-04, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by mandyy
Awesome it worked! Thanks a bundle. I had a hard time sleeping last night because of the frustration -- you are a big help. Thanks again.!!! Great! Glad that you're in busniess now. :)