PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 XBOX screenshot

Philibob
02-28-04, 04:18 PM
Source: W2S
Link: http://gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/news/33849.shtml

-=DVS=-
02-28-04, 04:34 PM
As expected Quality is worse compared to PC version......Alpha leak....
I guess thats why it got Delayed to release it on Xbox with PC bah darn Microcrack (kngt)

DaveW
02-28-04, 04:55 PM
Low screen res (of course) and lower texture res. Other than that it doesn't look too bad. Ill still be playing it on my PC though, not my Xbox.

Edge
02-28-04, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
I guess thats why it got Delayed to release it on Xbox with PC bah darn Microcrack (kngt)

It's being ported by Vicarious Visions, not ID, so any developments with the PC version are completely independant of the Xbox version. Good job finding an excuse to blame Microsoft and consoles for something that they had nothing to do with though, you'd make a good laywer :rolleyes:

Anyway, it looks alright. Obviously it's lacking compaired to the PC version, but considering it's running on hardware that costs $150 (soon) and is 2.5 years old, it's pretty good. Textures are lower resolution (though it will probably be harder to see on regular TV), and the lighting effects look...different. Actually I'm not sure why it looks different...it seems like it's drawing shadows and such, but it appears they're done in a different way or something. Oh well, it should still be good for those who can't afford a good PC (though most people on this board would certainly have PCs that can run Doom 3 well;))

Oh, and here's a few more shots from the Xbox version. A few of them look very close to the PC version (expecially the flashlight pic): http://s3.invisionfree.com/SystemLink/index.php?showtopic=254. You can definatly see the low texture resolution on the models up-close, but otherwise it looks like it's coming along fairly well.

stncttr908
02-28-04, 08:35 PM
It looks pretty good for a 'Box.

-=DVS=-
02-28-04, 10:06 PM
You have to blame Microsoft nomatter what :D they got the Cash$$$ they can take all kind of abuse anyways http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/kngt.gif

SuLinUX
02-29-04, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by -=DVS=-
You have to blame Microsoft nomatter what :D they got the Cash$$$ they can take all kind of abuse anyways http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/images/smilies/kngt.gif

Halo was a good example of this and PC users get a crappy conversion, mind you I suppose they would'nt like the PC to put shame to there flagship game title.

NickSpolec
02-29-04, 11:14 AM
Halo was a good example of this and PC users get a crappy conversion, mind you I suppose they would'nt like the PC to put shame to there flagship game title.

Eh... What?

P.S. Put down that B.S. pipe, boy.. It's dangerous.

poursoul
02-29-04, 02:47 PM
don't worry sulinux is know for his BS crack pipe. He just doesn't seem to check things out before he developes an opinion.

SuLinUX
03-01-04, 05:35 AM
hehe, ooooOO touched a nerve there hey, HALO was a crap conversion fullstop, sorry but thats another story hey.

And the comment was hyperthetical, seems I missed out the ?

D.K.Tronics
03-01-04, 05:59 AM
Good job finding an excuse to blame Microsoft and consoles for something that they had nothing to do with though, you'd make a good laywer

Actually, Carmack admitted in one of his .plan updates, last year, that M$ have offered him 2-300,000 dollars to 'Delay' the PC version.

So yeah, lets BLAME the consoles. :mad:

Edge
03-01-04, 08:01 AM
$300,000? Isn't that kinda chump change? Hell, the ATI/HL2 deal was 6 million, and look what they got out of that :p . But wouldn't it make more sense to give that $300,000 to Vicarious Visions so they could do a faster/better port of the game? Seems like MS isn't thinking straight, give money to the PORTERS so they can do a better conversion.

GlowStick
03-01-04, 07:58 PM
look at the texture on the gun, ugh is all i see.

but also look at the feet of the zombie, looks odd to anyone else?

NickSpolec
03-01-04, 09:55 PM
look at the texture on the gun, ugh is all i see.

but also look at the feet of the zombie, looks odd to anyone else?

Either blame the porters, or blame the Nvidia chipset.

GlowStick
03-01-04, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Either blame the porters, or blame the Nvidia chipset. what if i want to blame someone else, ahahahhahahahaha

Riptide
03-01-04, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by NickSpolec
Either blame the porters, or blame the Nvidia chipset.
It may have been a bad port but it was still fun. :p

Philibob
03-02-04, 09:38 AM
Part 1 of an interview from GamePro: http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox/games/features/33908.shtml
The Doom3 xbox screenshots seem to have 2 placeholders as well http://www.gamepro.com/screen_gallery.cfm?product_id=16136&genustext=Xbox&family=

emailthatguy
03-02-04, 04:53 PM
that interview is hilarious omfg

so were coming out w/ doom....

and its gonna kick ass....

and john romero is a liar....

yeah john romero lies, he cleaned the bathrooms at id, thats about it.....

yeah john romero talks a lot of **** too.....

did we mention we think john romero is a tosser?

haha i wonder if carmack got a phone call or two from john over that one. roflmao that interview was rad lol

-Me

OldOfEvil
03-07-04, 08:15 AM
I say it looks damn impressive. Considering the limitations of the xbox and your everyday tv, looks good to me. I would be happy to get it on xbox if I didn't have decent rig..

Now, if only they would release the damn game!

:)

Edge
03-09-04, 07:55 PM
Hmm, interesting bit of news: it seems that the Xbox version may have a multiplayer coop mode (probably for 2 people). It most likely won't have an online coop mode though, just split-screen I'm guessing. It would be pretty impressive if they can get TWO screens with graphics like that from the same box, I hope technical or time limitations don't force them to abandom the coop mode. Though it seems the PC version doesn't have any planned coop modes, unlike the original Doom games. Odd that as games get more and more complex, fewer and fewer of them have coop modes...

theultimo
03-10-04, 10:48 AM
Hmm... /. reporting no-coop on PC (rumored)..

that sucks.:lame:

GlowStick
03-10-04, 12:05 PM
What everyone is forgetting is that Doom 3 PC supports Mods, while Doom 3 Xbox dosent : D

id probly plans to wait for someone to mod a better co-op into the game, and then everyone will be happy.

DaveW
03-10-04, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GlowStick
What everyone is forgetting is that Doom 3 PC supports Mods, while Doom 3 Xbox dosent : D

It will on mine :D

Edge
03-10-04, 05:20 PM
Unfortunatly very few PC games have coop mods (I'm still waiting for the Halo coop mod that everyone was talking about last year...). Adding online coop to a game is very difficult, with split-screen you can pretty much just throw two people into a single session, but online you have to compensate for a LOT of extra things (loading times, lag, etc.). Sven Coop is ok, but it was little more than a deathmatch game with monsters when it first started out (did they ever make the single-player campaign playable in coop? I haven't heard anything about the mod in a while).

GlowStick
03-10-04, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Edge
Unfortunatly very few PC games have coop mods (I'm still waiting for the Halo coop mod that everyone was talking about last year...). Adding online coop to a game is very difficult, with split-screen you can pretty much just throw two people into a single session, but online you have to compensate for a LOT of extra things (loading times, lag, etc.). Sven Coop is ok, but it was little more than a deathmatch game with monsters when it first started out (did they ever make the single-player campaign playable in coop? I haven't heard anything about the mod in a while). Seven Co-op is great, yes the single player campain works, and they have a ton of player made campains avalible too.