PDA

View Full Version : Offical ForceWare 2.0 Release?

Pages : [1] 2

RobHague
03-01-04, 12:10 PM
Isn't the FW 2.0 (56.xx?) supposed to be released today? (March 1st).

Im full of anticipation :D and ive been checking NV's site most of today and still no new drivers posted :cry:.

I had to reinstall XP so i held off driver installs as i know new NV drivers are due today ;) my graficx card is going to waste...

Anyhow, if anyone spots em... post here and let us know please!! :D

RobHague
03-02-04, 10:38 AM
Hmmm, March 2nd and still no signs.....

Morrow
03-02-04, 02:47 PM
Just hold your horses, if you wanna try Forceware 2.0 you can always install the leaked 56.55 or 56.56 drivers.

The "1st March" release date of the FW 2.0 was just a guestimate by Anandtech. No one including nvidia knew at that time when the drivers will be released officially because they didn't know how long exactly it will take to fix some issues...

NVUserUK
03-02-04, 03:29 PM
*bottom lip sticking out and puppy dog eyes* hope its soon!

Its been months since the last driver release. Ho hum, Christmas isnt that far away.

kev13dd
03-02-04, 07:33 PM
Ya but come on. NVIDIA needs to get off their "fear of being wrong" syndrome and give us a date. They don't want to give us a date cause they know they will screw up and not get it out. They need to put their focus on the drivers and get them done. I spent my 200 bucks supporting them, I want my drivers

K

Deathlike2
03-02-04, 08:10 PM
It's probably more of getting the driver done by March 1st.. then getting it certified (a few days from that date)...

jAkUp
03-02-04, 11:58 PM
hmmmm... hopefully they are getting it whql... or maybe they are adding more cheats?:D

jk

Naffer
03-03-04, 01:45 AM
They've already got a WHQLed driver and have provided it to card parners. I think that nvidia knows that if they release a new version on their website that it'll be picked apart by reviewers. I wouldn't be surprised if they're delaying it in an attempt not to dissapoint those hoping for some big improvments in the Forceware 2.0 set.

RobHague
03-03-04, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
hmmmm... hopefully they are getting it whql... or maybe they are adding more cheats?:D

jk

What happened jakup, you used to be so pro-nvidia. Remember those joyful 5800U days???:D Now ur using thr 'other sides' kit.

Awww, Say it aint so...:crosseye:

jAkUp
03-03-04, 09:41 AM
lol

Well, if the nV40 is kick ass.. I will be back;)

EMunEeE
03-03-04, 03:05 PM
http://www.ixbt-labs.com/articles2/fw5656/index.html

Digit Life Review....wow NVidia...drool

RobHague
03-03-04, 05:14 PM
Reinforces the age old "NVIDIA have better drivers than ATI" argument id say hehe - now lets see what ATI have to offer in retaliation. :D

DMA
03-05-04, 05:07 PM
What happened with this release anyway? Did they delay it just because of lousy performance in UT2004? Thats weird ain't it?
One of the biggest titles of the year and a TWIMTBP game too, and they mess up the drivers for it. GG.. :cool:

:eek2:

DMA
03-05-04, 05:30 PM
Yeah, thats probably it. Although the performance in UT2004 was pretty bad, at least for me. I tried it with a FX5900XT and especially the AF performance was kinda low/jerky. 53.03 worked like a charm though.

RobHague
03-05-04, 06:16 PM
I'm hoping for a polished version now, as its delayed a bit. The 20% performance increase im hoping was refering to Shader intensive games and im also hoping for some magic working with FarCry (unless the demo was not an indication of the final version running PS1.1).

DMA
03-05-04, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by OWA

Were framerates low or was it jerky with fairly high framerates. Also, was their a particular map or whatever? I only played the DM so I was wondering if I just missed the problem.

All i play is DM too, so Rankin was the map. Great one btw, it floooows! ;)
But with 56.56 the framerates jumped a bit. For example in the area around the RL it was very jerky. Makes it kinda hard to aim. :p
If i disabled AF it was ok though. Atm i don't have the 5900 installed so i can't check the other maps.

kev13dd
03-06-04, 06:23 PM
The most disapointing thing about the new drivers, is the lighting issues. Ya I know they've been with all the 50 series, but still, its terrible. I play NFS and all the sudden the sign that says "sharp right" lights up out. How easy is it to make a 90 degree turn when you hadn't expected it, going 150 MPH? NOT very. Its annoying, and for the 200 dollars I paid for my graphics card, I'm very disapointed

K

kev13dd
03-06-04, 09:59 PM
The headlight effects are amazing! I love going through a dark tunnel, or under an overhang, and seeing my headlights light it up in the samne pattern as a real car would. And reflections on rode are all the way up cause thats how its meant to be playing, being beautiful. Then turning AA and AF to 4x... oh its beautiful. But only within a radius of like 30 feet. Then after that lighting goes crazy, and thats very very annoying. I hope they'd fix this, but they've left the glitch in a bunch of their releases, so I don't know if this new one will be any different

K

StealthHawk
03-06-04, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't be all that surprised if we didn't see these drivers(Forceware 2.0) until the NV40 launch. It's basically a trend that has happened at all other launches.

kev13dd
03-07-04, 12:16 AM
Ya, I thought NVIDIA might not release them at all, but they put all that work into them- so why not release them, but only when needed, and to promote something else?

K

EMunEeE
03-07-04, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by RobHague
Reinforces the age old "NVIDIA have better drivers than ATI" argument id say hehe - now lets see what ATI have to offer in retaliation. :D

Wow...ironic...i cannot even say much...just keep smilin Evan...lol...haha...;) ;) ;)

lol :angel:

wilson
03-07-04, 12:35 AM
nVidia is getting ready to release the upgrade to NVDVD which is called Forceware Multimedia Application. Apparently they are adding stuff to the Forceware driver to make the video play smoother. I wouldn't be surprise if they relese a new driver together with FWMM.

StealthHawk
03-07-04, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by OWA
If it does end up looking like nvidia will wait I wonder if ATI will try to release their app profile version sooner rather than later. That way it's not as much like they've been trumped.

I think ATI will also wait until their new hardware is launched to release a driver with any major changes/features. I'd love to be wrong though :D

Grechie
03-07-04, 06:56 AM
so is nvidia gonna release a 56.56 driver or are they sending that driver to all the card manufacturers and they will make a driver with there current software stuff? eg ASUS with the ASUS controll panel?

wilson
03-07-04, 09:22 AM
FWMM (the new NVDVD) should have been released by now but it's delayed due to "logistical issue" according to posting by a nVidia employee at AVSForum. In fact, they have released a maintenance patch for release candidate 0 to the beta testers. So it's possible that 56.56 is the driver paired with FWMM.