PDA

View Full Version : SL-5200-CD (FX5200) DVI (HW?) problem

vencik
03-02-04, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I've bought this Soltek GPU and used it with my old CRT monitor OK,
but now I've bought a new LCD flat panel (acer AL1721h) and found out that there's no signal over the digital input line (DVI), even at the machine startup. D-sub works fine and the LCD is OK (I've tested it on another GPU with DVI). I've been told that sometimes switching from D-sub to DVI needs the GPU to be reset, but It seems that it don't work for me. I think it's a HW problem... Isn't it?
Any ideas? Thanks for any suggestions...

Regards,

Vencik

saturnotaku
03-02-04, 08:42 AM
If you get no picture when you power on your machine, odds are the DVI port is bad on that card. If it was a driver issue, you would be able to see your computer POST.

GlowStick
03-02-04, 03:50 PM
try this, boot your computer with your CRT and let windows load

next plug in your lcd into your dvi port.

see what happens and maybe messaround with settings in the drivers?

But if you have windows XP you will hear a sound 'like when you plug a usb device in' and then you can tell if your dvi port is working.

btw DVi is pritty much plug and play like usb heh.

vencik
03-03-04, 01:19 AM
Thanks, I'll try something in that way ('cause you know, I don't have any of these M$ OSs... ;-) But I know what you mean).
But still I must agree with saturnotaku; I'd say that there should be signal on the DVI port at machine boot-time (when no driver is loaded at all).

GlowStick
03-03-04, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by vencik
Thanks, I'll try something in that way ('cause you know, I don't have any of these M$ OSs... ;-) But I know what you mean).
But still I must agree with saturnotaku; I'd say that there should be signal on the DVI port at machine boot-time (when no driver is loaded at all). Actually on my dual dvi setup, its really changes.

Eg, sometimes only my vga will display output, and sometimes only my dvi will display output, and sometimes BOTH will display output, once winders gets to the login (nt style) both monitors flicker and come on.

I never figured out why that happens but it dose heh.

vencik
03-04-04, 03:05 AM
Hmm... That's interesting. OK, I'll try to deal with the driver settings and system resources, check out for what lspci will report about the card capabilities and maybe I'll find out something usefull...
Thanks for the replies, regards