PDA

View Full Version : mssing NvRotate, I beg for help!

sallybenice
03-03-04, 03:57 AM
I have tried installing the latest Forceware drivers found on nvidia.com, the drivers that came with my "Asus V9180 GeForce4 Video Suite MX440 8X" video card, the Asus enhanced drivers on asus.com, AND I have almost given up here.

None of them have the "NvRotate" feature showing for some reason. Why?

I have AMD Cpu, Win98se, LCD Samsung 191T monitor on DVI port, and this is the only feature I care about.

Can anyone tell me WHY I would be missing this feature? Is this "display orientation" a hidden feature? Is it because I have Win98se? Is it because I need to clean out all the old registry entries before installing the newest forcewhere (if so, which?), or is it because I am cursed?

Perhaps someone out there with Win9x can check exactly what version of forceware they are using if they see nvrotate?

Big hugs to ANYONE who can help me, Sally.

DSC
03-03-04, 04:10 AM
I recently installed 98SE on an older hard drive to check out the 56.55 Win9x drivers, and I have NVRotate on a GF2 MX. It's not a hidden feature like the Overclocking tab and I don't see why you don't have it on your GF4 MX...... really strange. :confused:

sallybenice
03-03-04, 04:49 AM
Where do you see a NvRotate tab? Is it under:

Display Properties
=> settings tab
=> advanced button
=> GeForce4 MX 440 with APG8x tab
=> popup menu on left
=> near "desktop utilities" menu option??

I have currently installed from nvidia.com/drivers the Forceware => Win9x/Me => 53.04 and the popup menu I get looks like this:

GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP
-flat panel display
-color correction
-performance & quality
-direct3d
-more direct3D
-openGL settings
-overlay controls
-troubleshooting
-refresh rate overrides
-desktop management
-screen menus

PS: My monitor is plugged into DVI not analog, howabout yours?

Am I missing anything compared with you? Is your nView on or off? Where did you get your Win9x 56 forceware files from, a direct link would help to avoid any chance of getting different files?

I tried cleaning out every I could find for nVidia before installing this 53.04 (if anyone knows of a good nVidia cleanup utility that cleans out registry entries it may help). In the place that it lists the files and versions, is there a nvrotate.dll file or something?

I am going to try another version I suppose, but I'm really running out of luck here :( Since I'm a women, I can luckily cry over it, but that wont help me much. lol

I USED to use Pivot Pro from portrait.com before I got this new video card, so I wonder if there is something in that software that specifically is meant to hurt the operation of other rotation software? Or am I being paranoid?

sallybenice
03-04-04, 06:39 AM
Can ANYONE confirm that ANYONE has EVER gotten the NVRotate tab working under Win98se??

I installed a fresh copy of Win98se (without website patches) onto an old harddrive and installed drivers from Nvidia (40.71, 45.23, and 53.04 were all tried with a clean Win98se install inbetween each time). I tried this on 2 different AMD computers with different motherboards and NOTHING seen.

Note of course on my WinXP machine the tab showed up right away. So I'm wondering if nVidia is BSing when on the following PDF (screen #25) they say that rotation support was added to release 50 for Win 9x:
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/53.04/ForceWare_Graphics_Drivers_Release_Notes_Win9x_53. 04.v3.pdf

Or maybe there is STILL some hidden registry hack for it? I already have:
"NvCplEnableAGPSettingsPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableAdditionalInfoPage"=dword:00000001
"NvCplEnableRotatePage"=dword:00000001
"RotateFlag"=dword:00000001
"NvCplExposeWin2kDualView"=dword:00000001

at
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Class\Display\0007\Nvidia\NVTweak]
and
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak\OemConfigurations]

HELP?????? ANYONE CAN YOU CONFIRM THIS FEATURE EVEN EXISTS IN WIN98SE?

anzak
03-04-04, 07:46 PM
There is a very simple solution to this, upgrade your operating system!. Windows XP Home is only $100 for windows 98 users. A very worthy upgrade.

Anyways, I have not had trouble with NVrotate on my Geforce 4 MX integrated.