PDA

View Full Version : Big Poll puts Ati AND Matrox over NV !!

CapsLock
03-07-04, 11:17 AM
This is an incredible story. At the Inq, but based on a poll from Germany's PC Magazine, with over 25,000 polled !!

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=14553

Ati - 40.3%
Matrox - 9.3%
Nvidia - 8.9%

As to which is the preferred No. 1 choice for graphics.

Don't know who made up the other 41.6%. Don't know how Matrox scored so high, or how NV scored so low. Apparently, NV is not popular in Germany.
:eek:

Hopefully, the next gen will improve things for them. Couldn't really do much worse. (worse than Matrox !!)

Caps

vampireuk
03-07-04, 11:24 AM
I can't see Matrox beating NVIDIA in a poll for gaming cards...and I severely doubt people would vote for integrated Intel graphics over a NVIDIA card, but the germans are very odd people.

CapsLock
03-07-04, 11:43 AM
Well. I think the poll question was specifically, best graphics company not best gaming company, which might help esplain things a little bit. Holdover Matrox fans, for thier 2d, would also help.

As to Germans being weird, possibly, but also normally known for technical ability (cliche perhaps). Certainly I must add that I'm not a big fan of thier food. Thier cars on the other hand......

Caps

CapsLock
03-07-04, 11:47 AM
Also, isn't Asus, a German company? Originally based from, anyway?

Caps

edit: no Caps, Asus has a German/Eropean HQ, but is based in Taiwan.
oops :rolleyes:

walkndude
03-07-04, 12:39 PM
hmmm, lets see...

40.3 + 9.3 + 8.9 = 58.5% -anyone see aproblem with that ?

Nice to see you take a break from bashing nvnews at eb long enough to cast a line in here caps.

DMA
03-07-04, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by walkndude

Nice to see you take a break from bashing nvnews at eb long enough to cast a line in here caps.

Yeah, it's EB, nv news and unfortunately the good old b3d (Argh! Why did you mess up their tech forum you fools? ) that are the trolls favorite hangouts these days.
Rage3d has actually been better the past weeks. Time to spend some time there again maybe? :p

OWA
03-07-04, 02:44 PM
Not sure if you're kidding or not but they reorganized somewhat, have been stricter about posting in the correct place and since a lot of troll types already avoid it, it has been pretty good lately.

walkndude
03-07-04, 02:53 PM
Yeah, it used to not be such a problem for the fact there was some balance.

Now it seems there are a majority of people that use forums to hide behind the anonymity factor, acting in manners which would not be tolerated in a more conventional setting... just to get a little attention.

kinda like this chicken little thread. Um yeah the sky is falling -sure. :)

Clay
03-07-04, 04:16 PM
Has anyone even heard or/read this magazine before? I'd just like to find out more info and/or read this poll from the actual source. Is this (http://www.pc-magazin.de/) the website of the magazine in question? This looks like the equivalent of a PC World or PC Magazine from here in the U.S. If it were comprable to say a magazine like CPU Magaine, Maximum PC or PC Gamer then this supposed poll might hold a bit more water. I've been hunting around that site for the past 10 minutes and have yet to find one mention of this reported poll. Wrong site?

walkndude
03-07-04, 05:24 PM
According to inq's article it doesn't seem the results have been published yet -the source of the article came from an ATI regional pr. manager, not the magazine which conducted the pole.

Kinda old news as its allready been "proven" here that nvidia suxors.

|JuiceZ|
03-07-04, 05:32 PM
Some ppl really need to get a life....:rolleyes: