PDA

View Full Version : Soundstorm question

Vash
03-13-04, 11:35 AM
During my recent trials with my PC, I decided to remove my SBLive! Value and use the Soundstorm in my NF7-S 2.0. I installed the drivers, and I get sound just fine. However, I have no Soundstorm Control Panel entry.

Any ideas how to fix this? I need to get to the utilities so I can adjust the # of speakers its producing sound for.

Dazz
03-13-04, 11:56 AM
uninstall the drivers and reinstall them.

Vash
03-13-04, 05:13 PM
*forehead smack*

That worked. Thanks!

Smokey
03-14-04, 10:18 AM
Just out of interest, are you using digital out?

Vash
03-14-04, 06:03 PM
Nope, I'm using the analog. The problem was that I had an add-in Soundblaster product when I first installed the drivers for the motherboard, and therefore, I didn't get the nForce control panel when it installed. A quick reinstall solved the problem.

Dazz
03-15-04, 02:30 AM
Yeah thats due to the SB live control panel being in use.

Smokey
03-15-04, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Vash
Nope, I'm using the analog. The problem was that I had an add-in Soundblaster product when I first installed the drivers for the motherboard, and therefore, I didn't get the nForce control panel when it installed. A quick reinstall solved the problem.

So in your opinion, how does the analog out fair compared to that of the SBLive?

Vash
03-15-04, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
So in your opinion, how does the analog out fair compared to that of the SBLive?

I think it compares quite nicely. Once I got the control panel installed and was able to adjust the options, the problems I had with it went away. The only nagging issue I have is that EAX misbehaves - for example, in Halo, when I fire the rifle, I don't hear anything when EAX is enabled. Disable it, and problems disappear.

I'd also like to have a nice 5.1 or 7.1 digital speaker set, but my computer has more important needs at the moment.