PDA

View Full Version : Tiny little HD...


Riptide
03-16-04, 12:31 PM
Cool. :)

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/ptech/03/16/toshiba.record.reut/index.html

saturnotaku
03-16-04, 12:51 PM
Meh, it's still bigger than Gib's pen0s. :p

Gator
03-16-04, 02:12 PM
WOH! That is just amazing! I mean a hard drive has working mechnical parts, and to make one that tiny is just impressive. I wouldn't know where to begin to create a drive that small.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Smokey
03-17-04, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by Gator
WOH! That is just amazing! I mean a hard drive has working mechnical parts, and to make one that tiny is just impressive. I wouldn't know where to begin to create a drive that small.

VERY IMPRESSIVE!

What he said :p

imagine if everything in your pc shrinks to that kind of size, they could be intergrated into the foot of your 21"+ monitor, sort of like tablet pcs I guess, but much more powerfull ;)

shim
03-17-04, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Smokey
What he said :p

imagine if everything in your pc shrinks to that kind of size, they could be intergrated into the foot of your 21"+ monitor, sort of like tablet pcs I guess, but much more powerfull ;)

id hate to use the kb and mouse then.. :P

Riptide
03-17-04, 10:54 AM
Smokey, that would be awesome. But good luck shrinking my 15,000RPM drives down to the size of a quarter. ;)

They already put out so much heat they need active cooling. :)

Gator
03-18-04, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by shim
id hate to use the kb and mouse then.. :P

maybe they should fit the whole computer IN the mouse :D

vampireuk
03-18-04, 07:46 AM
Hopefully this will get rid of the outragous prices for flash memory storage.

Riptide
03-18-04, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Hopefully this will get rid of the outragous prices for flash memory storage.
Hell I remember 10 years ago they were thinking flash memory would eventually remove any need for hard disc drives. We were all supposed to be using big flash cards in our PCs by now. WTH happened there? Guess the technology hasn't quite made it yet. Not enough capacity/$ I'm guessing..