PDA

View Full Version : Just bought this :D

Omega53
03-19-04, 02:39 PM
http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-144-026-16.JPG
http://images10.newegg.com/productimage/11-144-026-17.JPG

Hope I made a good choice. The price can't be beat. I will have to replace that power suply though when I get it :bleh: I really like the :alien: grill too!

Nutty
03-19-04, 02:47 PM
Give us some details then.. make, specs, price etc..?

Nice tho, blue light n black.. tasty.

I'm nabbing myself one of these next pay day.
http://www.thermaltake.com/XaserCase/lanfire/vm1000a.htm

Omega53
03-19-04, 03:34 PM
it was $52 on newegg. Got the extended warranty and with shipping it all came out to 72 bucks. Specs are here http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-144-026&depa=0

And now its $51 for some reason hmmmm:bleh:

kraigc
03-19-04, 07:59 PM
yeppers, I got one of them puppies......

Omega53
03-19-04, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by kraigc
yeppers, I got one of them puppies......

Is it any good? Any problems?

kraigc
03-20-04, 10:01 PM
The only real complaint I have about it is there isnt enough room in it. Especially if you want a W/C setup. It is really sturdy, looks good, DOES have a removable mobo tray. Like I said, a little small if you have lots of stuff you want to put in it.

Clay
03-20-04, 10:04 PM
The only real complaint I have about it is there isnt enough room in it. Especially if you want a W/C setup. It is really sturdy, looks good, DOES have a removable mobo tray. Like I said, a little small if you have lots of stuff you want to put in it.I have this one too...well actually the very slightly different earlier model just before it. I think the only difference is that on yours the thumbscrews are backlit. I've really liked mine so far...though I don't mess with it much lately, just sits there and does its job. What I didn't like about right off the bat was that the front panel is near impossible to remove.

Omega53
03-23-04, 12:59 PM
Ok, I just got the case and the fed-ex guy said my motherboard should be coming in tomorrow but my question is, why is there no manual for this case? This is my first time ever building a computer, but I pretty much know all the basics. I was just wondering if anyone had a link where I could look at a manual. Thanks for any help.

-=DVS=-
03-23-04, 01:25 PM
Ok, I just got the case and the fed-ex guy said my motherboard should be coming in tomorrow but my question is, why is there no manual for this case? This is my first time ever building a computer, but I pretty much know all the basics. I was just wondering if anyone had a link where I could look at a manual. Thanks for any help.

Never had a manual come with case , maybe its just me :|

Clay
03-23-04, 01:28 PM
You usually do with server-class cases (and some Inwin ATX cases)...prolly others but, yeah I never have seen a manual with a consumer level case. I've seen them come with one piece of paper with a schematic diagram of the case itself and maybe a legend for certain parts..but that's it. You just open 'em up, cram your mobo in there with the end of a broom stick, slap the side panel back on, plug 'er in and fire it up! :p

kraigc
03-23-04, 03:00 PM
No, that case doesnt come with a manual. Its a pretty simple case though. If you end up with any questions, just PM me.

Starscream
03-23-04, 07:39 PM
We sell a lot of those cases where I work.

They're ok I guess. I absolutely hate the led's on the front though, way too bright for me.

stncttr908
03-23-04, 07:40 PM
We sell a lot of those cases where I work.

They're ok I guess. I absolutely hate the led's on the front though, way too bright for me.My friend here has one of those, and I have to agree that you're going to absolutely hate the front LED's. They're nothing short of blinding.

kraigc
03-23-04, 09:26 PM
i disabled mine....

Omega53
03-25-04, 11:03 PM
I got everything hooked up and its all running fine. The front LED's arent as bright as everyone made them out to be. I just need to get an AMD 2500+ mobile and Ill be one happy camper :)