PDA

View Full Version : Forceware 56 , FX 5200 TV-out problem

m_ice
03-21-04, 10:04 AM
Hi,
i use TV-out only (a computer with TV and DVB card used as Digital Video Recorder and DVD player) unfortunately some (or most) applications change my size and position setting if i go to fullscreen mode :banghead: (don't know why - no change of resolution, frequency or colordepth) and not to the very small default size it makes the size bigger so that a wide border disappeard.
After exiting the application i go to the TV-out setting Tab to reset to my saved setting but nothing changes :mad: so the posibility to save my own setting is very useless.

EciDemon
03-26-04, 05:57 AM
I use tv out on my fx5200u too, It works great I think.
No problems with screen size. I usually go with 640 up to 1024 as the tv out supports.
Ive tweaked the screen size to minimize the borders.

but the native tv (or dvd) resolutions both pal and ntsc 720xwhatnot spans over the tv screen more so with the current screen size tweaking (optimized for 640 up to 1024) the screen now stretches out side of the borders.

If that's what happens then just avoid the tv/dvd resolutions, Or vice versa.

pino
03-26-04, 09:43 AM
Hi,
i use TV-out only (a computer with TV and DVB card used as Digital Video Recorder and DVD player) unfortunately some (or most) applications change my size and position setting if i go to fullscreen mode :banghead: (don't know why - no change of resolution, frequency or colordepth) and not to the very small default size it makes the size bigger so that a wide border disappeard.
After exiting the application i go to the TV-out setting Tab to reset to my saved setting but nothing changes :mad: so the posibility to save my own setting is very useless.

It's a DRIVER BUG .

Workaround/fixes :

1) Go back with 53.03, no problem with em.

or

2) Set Clone mode.

or

3) Set TV res to 720x576.

or

4) Use a player that let you resize fullscreen mode (media player classic is good)

I have the same problem with my 5900ultra and a PAL tv.

Hope this helps