PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Tomorrow Demo Hidden Level

photophreak314
03-23-04, 08:10 PM
For all of you who were PO'ed at the fact that the second level in the demo was too short, rejoice!! :thumbsup: You can actually continue the mission from where it "ends" in the demo.

Open the "SplinterCell2User.ini" file in the System folder. Scroll down to the "F#=" part, and type "walk" and "ghost" into two of the buttons.

F1=OPSAT
F2=
F3=
F4=
F5=Savegame
F6=
F7=
F8=Loadgame
F9=Shot
F10=
F11=walk
F12=ghost

Save the file and start your game.

Once you near the door at which the level ends, press F12 to noclip and move through the door, then press F11 to continue on(make sure you're over the ground, not in it when you press F11). There is 1 frozen NPC immediately through the door, and another outside, but from there on they are all good.

Have Fun!!

Edge
03-23-04, 08:42 PM
Huh, you know I specifically checked the map directory to make sure there weren't any extra maps, and here the "extra" level can be done with something as simple as noclip. Sounds cool, I'm gonna try that out right now.

Oh, and when is the multiplayer demo supposed to be released? I really wanna check out the multiplayer in this game.

SH64
03-23-04, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up!
it worked for me ... the hidden level is cool :thumbsup:
though the first 2 NPCs i encounterd were frozen .

are you sure there aren't any other hidden levels too ?? :D

Edge
03-23-04, 09:25 PM
Just finished it up. Cool little part, I wonder why the demo doesn't include it normally (other than fixing up those 2 NPCs it would've been a simple job to move the finishing point).

Don't think we'll be seeing any extra levels out of the demo though, there's only 2 maps in the levels directory afterall. Hmm, you could use that noclip thing to get to some pretty funny places on the train though ;)

Edit: Huh, odd, it seems Ghost/noclip mode messes up the AI on other parts too (such as the train). I'm guessing the AI characters don't become active until you pass a certain point, and since we used a "hack" to get past that door, the ones in that area don't get their cue to "turn on". Now I'm even more confused as to why they didn't include that second section in the regular demo, it probably would've worked fine if it didn't automatically end when you stepped in front of that door.

SH64
03-23-04, 09:44 PM
Yup thats strange .. i dont see a point for hiding that short level out .
& it will be more challenging if the NPCs werent frozen , so it takes more time to enjoy & finish it too if included normally in the demo .

poursoul
03-24-04, 11:57 AM
I really like the shadows in the game, looks great. I also really like the bushes in the begining of the second level, they're awsome.

Very trivial, but i was kinda dissapointed that the only water in the demo was pretty much useless. No wake when walking through it, or splash when shot, and it was too damn dark to get a good look at it.

photophreak314
03-24-04, 07:40 PM
There's supposed to be an ocean level (I saw a screen of lots of waves with a sunset, and Fisher standing in the water - not a movie or cutscene), because water is always really cool (Far Cry anybody). And yes the lack of water in the demo was bad.