PDA

View Full Version : Everquest 1 is now using Pixel Shaders for the Sky..

ChrisRay
03-23-04, 11:50 PM
Downloaded the Everquest Patch, And they messed up alot of the skys in EQ (they need to refine and fix the zones that dont all look right)

But the sky is gorgous, Downright to Pixel shaded Stars, And the Sky Looks like something out of Lineage 2.

Sony said they were gonna continue updating EQ to give it more Shader effects but I must say its neat to finally have my favorite game starting to use Shaders.

theultimo
03-24-04, 08:16 AM
Downloaded the Everquest Patch, And they messed up alot of the skys in EQ (they need to refine and fix the zones that dont all look right)

But the sky is gorgous, Downright to Pixel shaded Stars, And the Sky Looks like something out of Lineage 2.

Sony said they were gonna continue updating EQ to give it more Shader effects but I must say its neat to finally have my favorite game starting to use Shaders.
So, is EQ 1 gonna become EQ 2, much like TF bacame TF 2 in a way?

marqmajere
03-24-04, 04:12 PM
Seeing the Plane of Nightmare with a blue sky is kinda weird, but they said they'd be using one sky till they got it sorted out.

Smashed
03-24-04, 10:07 PM
A friend at work was saying something about the latest Everquest patch requiring a DirectX 9 card. I was sure he had to be mistaken, but now I see this post. Is there any truth to the DX9 thing?

ChrisRay
03-24-04, 10:51 PM
No Everquest requires a DirectX 9.0 Compatible card, To See the Sky you need a DirectX 8.0 card.

hordaktheman
03-25-04, 06:46 PM
How about some screenies?